All things considered how is Arceus? Does it hit all the right receptors you look for in a pokemon game...

All things considered how is Arceus? Does it hit all the right receptors you look for in a pokemon game? Would you say it's a solid entry into the franchise and worth it for a fan?

Attached: Legends_Arceus___Screenshot_33.0.jpg (1200x800, 104.85K)

extremely unpolished and the foundation is shaky, but it manages to be a step up without falling down the flight of stairs

It's better than SwSh and would like to see its concepts incorporated into future games, but there are three main flaws holding it back:

1. The Dex is very small (even smaller than GSC)
2. Only one main hub
3. Padding out the game by locking level caps behind tedious "research"

It's worth it as baby's first game

It's super fun, though to be honest I don't really see what non-pokemon autists like myself would get out of this game over a better game like botw

your first playthrough of the game cannot be replicated, especially if you go in guideless. it was the most fun i've had with a new entry since bw2, though it's definitely not a game for those who tend to prefer the battling/competitive aspect of pokemon

no its a shit game. dont buy.

The game is mostly mid, but it was the first time in this franchise's history where wild Pokémon felt like an actual threat, even in the higher levels there's still strong Pokémon that will agro you if you aren't careful. It was the first time my heart rate had risen from running into a wild Pokémon, I remember accidentally stumbling into the Alpha Snorlax in the first area and immediately shitting my pants. For this, I can appreciate it. But at the end of the day, it's just a tech demo. A fun tech demo still, but just that, and nothing more. I guess it brought some nice QOL changes that were long overdue and make an actual substantial change to the formula, but it still doesn't feel like a complete game. My main hope is that it defines a new path for the Pokémon franchise going forward.

Attached: 1643447671499.jpg (2560x1440, 3.15M)

First game from Game Freak since Gold/Silver that shows any sign of ambition. It's also probably the hardest mainline game if you don't grind a lot by catching too many wild Pokemon, since trainer battles are pretty limited and Pokemon only gain exp if they survive the entire battle (unlike past mainline games where you gain exp after defeating each Pokemon).

I would recommend it to any fan, especially those that have started to grow weary of the franchise since they've done nothing to innovate in the past 15 years.

definitely pretty fun, but like the other anons said, it feels like the formula has a lot of potential that PLA doesn't quite tap into

It's fun, but it's lacking in actual staying power.

I'm torn between this and Kirby. I think I might be leaning towards kirby

Kirby is perhaps the only video game series in the world that is more babbified than Pokemon.

Playing Kirby now, it's great.
Far less frustrating then what PLA was, though PLA is longer then Kirb, if that means anything for you.

It has a ton of flaws (ugly modeling, cutscene overload, unfinished cutscenes), but the gameplay is good enough for me to enjoy it regardless. It's not for everyone, but I see that as a good thing since they weren't scared to try something new at the cost of turning off some people.

I am incredibly disappointed the catching crackle will not return in Gen 9. That shit is addictive.

The only reason I like kirby is for the super hard bossrush at the end, sometimes playing a short but hard version of the game with a different character, and the cute stuff but the latter not so much

So satisfying to throw a Razzberry, sneak up on an Alpha Pokemon, and throw a backstrike Gigaton Ball.

Is it the length of a regular Kirby game? As in I can beat it in a few afternoons? I'd like it a bit more sizable compared to other games in the series.

It's around 60-70 hours to complete the Dex. I think it's an appropriately sized game. It's a rather barebones game so it gets quite tedious around the point you reach Alabaster Icelands. Stretching out as long as a regular game would probably make it worse DESU, unless there was an extra area to explore or something,

You're referring to Kirby right?

>1. The Dex is very small (even smaller than GSC)
Gold and Silver had 222 Pokemon you could find in each game. Crystal had 223. PLA has 242.
>2. Only one main hub
Many games have one hub the player travels to and from. This is not an argument for something that is "holding it back."
>3. Padding out the game by locking level caps behind tedious "research"
The... the point of the game is to "Seek out all Pokemon." Catching Pokemon is also the most fun it's been... ever.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Hi Joe.