Why does pokemon struggle with movies??

Regardless of whether it's animated or live action, their movies tend to do piss poor both critically and financially. Why can't they just follow the Marvel capeshit formula of making solo films about characters people actually care about before culminating in 'event' movies? Seems like a no brainer since they have dozens of iconic mascots they could use
>Red solo film featuring Pikachu, and Charizard
>Blue solo film featuring Eevee, Gengar, and Mewtwo
>Green 12 episode spinoff series featuring the kantodex
>first event movie
>Gold/Silver origin film featuring Ho-oh, Celebi, and the legendary dogs
>Ruby/Sapphire origin featuring Groudon, Kyogre, and fug
>second event movie
Shit writes itself

Attached: 2mhjxt04erj81.jpg (640x640, 88.01K)

Most Pokemon movies are made in Japan and for the Japanese audience, the Sonic films are very clearly made for Americans and is made in America.

Also Detective Pikachu made way more than the first Sonic movie, and will probably do better than the second and third.

Except Detective Pikachu did well.

Wait is this poster real?

No, you stupid cunt, they haven't even released 2 yet.

Bitch I don’t keep up with this shit

>no 'and knuckles'
Of course it's not real you dunce

Shadow is an obvious shoop you retard

user that shadow is literally a sonic recolor

Pokemon movies aren't made by GameFreak. They follow the ashnime exclusively and are always based on overblown original plots with too many disposable human characters in them, because they are often only ever based on and released for new legendaries GameFreak has rolled out.

The problem is that GameFreak keeps putting out shitty legendaries with shitty lore nobody gives a fuck about. Look at the Lati@s film, Pokemon Heroes was it? There's nothing in the dex entries about them being able to talk and shapeshift---the filmmakers had to make that shit up because the "Eon duo" is bland as fuck all in every aspect.

What even the fuck was the Manaphy film about? I couldn't tell you. Et cetera.

Again, they only put out films about legendaries and pseudo-legendary shillmons, but GameFreak has never and will never compose extended dex entries and lore dumps about these creatures, leaving the filmmakers with little to no material to make hours long movies about, and thus forcing them to invent details and string together silly plots with literal whos that, again, the average fan doesn't give a single-fuck about.

Look at the universally loved first movie. There isn't a single important human character in it people didn't already know---those shitters take up no significant screentime. It's all about Mewtwo, Ash's party, and their respective armies of mons. It's only because of the nature of Mewtwo that they could give it a personality and make it more of an actual antagonist, rather than just a generic monster the nobody human antagonist is trying to take control over.

i know shadow appeared in the post credits scene but i still hope that metal sonic is the antagonist
similar to how tails was revealed at the post credits scene and then knuckles was revealed

Yes got leaked last night

Because they keep making anime movies centered around ash and shitty OCs so they look bad and have a bad lead. A 3d movie like that bidoof short would be easier to make. Also fans of the games/tcg/show aren’t going to be very excited to see kanto+shillmon. Make any of the galar rivals(holesum, dick, goth) the mc and animate the move in 3d and that’s a guaranteed hit as you have a focus on pokemon and use the game music.

Attached: 7B460B71-5AA1-4386-979A-73733408551C.jpg (1488x2090, 868.34K)

Because they'll buy it (the games) anyways

>and financially
based retard

They'll probably do a Shadow: Angel Island before going into Sonic vs Shadow

Detective Pikachu was an objective flop for a franchise as big as pokemon and the anime movies are so irrelevant they aren't even given sub releases in the west like Kimetsu no Yaiba or Jujutsu Kaisen

TPC really needs to hire a guy to oversee extended canon. If gamefreak are too lazy to write the lore themselves, have this guy instruct all departments on what a particular pokemon's role in the universe is.

no it wasn't. games based on movies never perform well at the box office until detective pikachu and sonic. You're being a total Will Smith right now, user.

Pokemon movies are just glorified anime episodes and those are glorified ads for the games.

Man the new Sonic movie was good, I can't fucking believe I'm actually slightly hyped for this little cinematic universe they're trying to make for the blue rat.

Attached: FO2dEcPaMAUq15R.jpg (2048x1152, 384.82K)