The alola ganes would've been the most fun if it only had a Skip Cutscene option

The alola ganes would've been the most fun if it only had a Skip Cutscene option

The diversity of different pokemon you can get is immense and you can try many different builds and tram very easily. Plus they are very pretty looking, (for a 3ds' standards, at least)

Attached: Alola (1).png (974x687, 1.73M)

Yes.

Also, the story is one of the best of the series.
Not THE best but it's pretty over what we call "average".

Because it's not about some random evil dude who wants to DESTROY/CONQUER THE WORLD/UNIVERSE! just personal stories but with Pokémon sprinkled above and ALIENS.

>And if you don't like to invest on stories don't play RPGs.

They still are pretty fun if you have the patience to get past the first part of Melemele, and that can be done quickly. The real "problem" is that they don't force the player to go to Ten Karat Hill, so most people never even try to explore.

They would still be ass because all the dialogue in the game is a front that disguises how small and boring the region is to explore.

This. /thread

Remove all the forced dialog and handholding, add a cutscene skip option, and remove those absolutely fucking stupid trial gates so you can explore the whole island and do trials in any order, then you have the second best Pokémon game ever made, after HGSS of course.

Attached: Screenshot_20220402-204840_Samsung Internet.jpg (1009x1576, 480.92K)

Same with PLA, which is an another cutsimulator!

Alola is objectively one of the largest regions in the series. Just looking at the map would prove it.

A good rpg would have a story you don't want to skip
That's all

I dunno, the first island has some good backtracking and the third has some interesting side areas on your first visit. The problems are mostly apparent on the second island which doesn't have much going on outside the main plot, and the parts on the third island you can technically visit but are a waste of time until postgame.
Some people play JRPGs for the gameplay.

Were the cutscenes worse in sumo or usum?

I entirely agree, the overload of cutscenes is my sole issue with the Alola games

>The alola ganes would've been the most fun if it only had a Skip Cutscene option
Not without any real dungeons, branching routes, or open segments it wouldn't.
Skipping cutscenes in Gen 7 would only reveal it for how barebones it actually is.

The story is good but on repeat playthroughs you get literally nothing out of it, it’s just interrupting gameplay to deliver an experience you’ve already had. The only reason people replay Pokémon games so much is because the GAMEPLAY can change wildly with each run, but that doesn’t apply to the story so it squanders an otherwise highly replayable game

Honestly, my issue is more you can't do trials in any order. If you had free reign of each island when you got to it SM would be the best in the series.

They'd be more fun if they let you have fun instead of stopping you and telling you what to do all the time. GF managed to make an island paradise a drag.

But if you skipped the cutscenes, you wouldn't be able to see the 100+ models of Lillie!

Not for me. I didn't like Lillie's story. She puts a huge damper on the experience. I didn't like the region either.

The game is still shit ignoring the cutscenes. You get railroaded hard and the trials themselves aren't very interesting. If they had made the game completely open and allowed you to sail/surf between the islands like Wind Waker then maybe it would be interesting.

Also while the artstyle was fine, the visuals were ruined by the 3DS's tiny resolution and the fact that they liked to zoom out the camera quite a bit in some areas. It ended up looking like a pixelated mess at times, just like gen 5.

Have either of you ever actually played an Alola game? The only time you're railroaded is before you get Tauros. After that there's always optional non-story exploration available. That's like saying Hoenn doesn't have any Water routes because you don't see them right at the start

I never bothered with USUM because of how bad SM were, but SM certainly didn't let you explore anything.

I liked it and the aliens but it doesn’t feel very pokemon.

Nope, it would still be a shit region. I already got tropical island fun out of Hoenn and it wasn't bogged down by constant railroading, lack of exploration, no fun side content, etc.

Attached: 1630360100187.jpg (225x225, 6.75K)

The only way to think there was no exploration is to naver try to explore. Did you never stop to question why there were areas right next to the routes on your map that you clearly hadn't seen?