Meganium in gen 2 and Johto's grass type dilemma

Something I noted while planning which Starter to pick for a Crystal playthrough where I would try to fill the dex (thus have more team options) was that If I was to pick meganium, there more or less would not be a proper grass type replacement.
This is due to most grass types having stone evolutions, and as many remember the gen 2 stone system, it would mean that its all up to rng or the very limited 2 Sun stone evolutions because of the sun stone being a prize for bug catching OR a jumpluff/parasect for a level up grass type.

Why do I bring this up? Because Meganium as a starter would be the best choice if you wish to experiment with teams and have a perma-member due to there being next to no competition for a strong grass slot.

This can to some extend be also said about Typholysion but fire types are less common in general, and the devs were dumbfucks who locked 2 new fire types to post-game, but the whole stone evolution thing seems to be a genuine issue with grass types.

As for Feraligator, the poor bastard is pitted into a sea of other water types, about double of the grass/fire amount if we count pre-evolutions.

Attached: Meganium.jpg (992x1162, 150.35K)

>Splash for 10 Levels
>No Grass Stab until 44
>No Giga Drain until Kanto

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Attached: Jumpluff Level-Up.jpg (966x770, 111.44K)

yeah but meganium is megagay, you ever thought of that sucker

It's a support/catching Mon, you stupid fucking autistic zoomer.

Why not use Tangela?
>Sleep Powder
>Stun Spore
>Mega Drain
>Growth
>Sludge Bomb

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x225, 11.64K)

Grass types aren't very good in Johto, though, so you're better off not using any. The first gym where Meganium isn't the worst of the 3 starters to use is Formerly Sneed's gym, and the next one is Brock or Misty.

To be brutally honest, it's not worth using ANY Grass type Pokemon in Gens 1 or 2. Exeggutor is fine, but it's hard to use in game, and the others are trash. In Gen 3, though, they're a fair bit better. Grass types got actual moves, more Grass-types were made with not entirely atrocious stats (Cacturne, Sceptile, Breloom, Shiftry, and Ludicolo are all fine), and more of them got access to Leech Seed without breeding, which makes them clutch for Nuzlockes.

Attached: 1648321257709.jpg (900x394, 75.05K)

johto sucks πŸ˜’
>What the fuck am I supposed to do?
ignore it and be glad you're playing the peak of the franchise discord tranny, ofc 😈

with typhlosion and feraligatr i don't have to reset until i get a female

What were/is Game Freak thinking leaving Meganium to be literally the worst starter ever created? It's shit, it has no niche, it's not good in game, it's not good in competitive, it's not good in singles, it's definitely not good in doubles, and it gets hard walled by every Grass, Fire, Flying, Poison, Bug, Dragon, Steel, and Sap Sipper Pokemon ever.

This
Are you me?

>discord
Why do Johto fans complain so much about people on their side?

Attached: 1648498877836.png (838x1071, 158.53K)

Meganium is the most fun to use and that's all I need

The Sun Stone option isn't very good either, at least in the case of Bellossom. I tried it, you either have to wait a bunch of levels for Gloom to learn Petal Dance or stick with Absorb.

Because Johto fans isn’t a monolith retard-Kun.

the idea of Meganium was always just "mon with decent defenses that sets screens"
it doesn't even get Growth
johto is trash

Attached: 2022-04-01_17-21-48.png (455x405, 26.19K)

I genuinely forgot about it. Isn't it only in kanto anyways?

To be fair tm options give it respectable offenses for a tank. I once ran a swords dance body slam set for the endgame and it perfomed well for a mainly support pokemon.

>discordfaggot literally admits he's only doing it for (You)s, apparently not caring about Johto one way or the other but rather the drama he can create on Any Forums
You were supposed to crop that part out

use tms

Tell that to Xatu and the Psychic tm in Kanto.

Attached: Xatu moveset Gen 2.png (1051x665, 81.94K)

body slam is great