/PTCGO/: Pokémon TCG Online General

New/Returning Player?
>pastebin.com/ZsYKRnPK
>imgur.com/a/W4NkOu6 (deckbuilding guides)

>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>Don't open tradable packs unless it's from giveaways (and POST PULLS)

Resources
>trainerhill.com/analysis/meta (meta analysis of online tournaments)
>play.limitlesstcg.com/tournaments (online tournaments and decklists)
>justinbasil.com/guide/teu-on/budget (reddit's budget decks)
>pastebin.com/svqYihpM (our budget deck pastebin)
>pastebin.com/kM7ucNV8 (trading tips)
>ptcgoprices.com (automated prices for online trading)

Pokemon TCG Live preparations
>Beta out now for Canadians and those with VPNs
>Do not play this broken incomplete beta
>Get 125 untradable/tradable packs so you get the max crystals upon migration(12400 crystals)
>The 1 or 10 pack tiers are okay (500 / 1100 crystals) if you wish to focus on credits instead
>Own a playset of every card in the starting decks to get the max credits upon migration(~12000)
>Own a playset of many Brilliant Stars cards to get max credits from the 94 battle pass packs
>PTCGL starter decks: pastebin.com/XtWj2UWS
>Only 4 copies (a playset) of everything you have in collection will transfer. Any remaining copies will give you jackshit.
>Tokens, tickets and HGSS cards won't transfer
>support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011828611-FAQs

Pokemon TCG Live tips
>Crafting rates: pokebeach.com/2022/02/ptcg-live-will-make-it-insanely-affordable-to-build-pokemon-tcg-decks
>All currencies are hard to obtain if you mess up the initial migration.
>F2P tip: Malamar is cheapest to upgrade
>F2P tip: the premium battle pass takes ~6 days to unlock
>Whale tip: buy celebrations up to the 400 code limit

>note: please don't forget to bump the thread

Previous:

Attached: stop breaking the fing meta!.png (729x620, 275.61K)

Super-Effective Glasses – Trainer Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached.

When the Pokemon this card is attached to does damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon and that damage is affected by Weakness, the Weakness becomes ×3 instead.

You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.
What dark and fighting types are there that can abuse this to OHKO mew and arceus?

Attached: 041491_T_BATSUGUNGURASU.jpg (868x1212, 699.78K)

most likely single prizer single strike pokemon, morpeko comes to mind

what? this is obviously going to be played in zorobox

I mean even in a regular deck if you could drop some random stage 1 like morpeko with this on to ohko mew that would be amazing. It doesn't have to be a toolbox deck, it can just be a tech card.
People already run sight to snipe the bench as a tech card as is. So having a 3x weakness will be used as well if you can hit the meta

PTCGL truly fucking sucks, lmao.

yeah, hopefully the pokemon company notices the drops in play and actually fucking fixes the game

Has anyone tried putting PTCGL on android on a hacked switch? I wonder if the switch can even handle this poorly optimized mess.

Is Rayquaza winning already?

They need to re make the game from 0 or at least all the UI and the graphics.

I have 3 other people (total of 4, including me) that I know in real life that want to casually play pokemon. What should we be on the lookout for in order to start building our decks? Or anything to avoid? We have the rules down already

You could buy the League Battle decks, wich are some pre build decks that are good to play casualy and with some upgrades you can get a tier S/A deck or get the Battle Academy box wich comes with 3 decks, although those decks are not as good as the LBD ones.

Thanks a lot, looks like league battle decks were what we were looking for to at least get started.
What do people do about weaknesses? There's no way people just play the matchup taking double damage, right?

it had some decent results in online tourneys, but never anything above top 32 iirc

If you play it with friends, you can just ignore it, but in normal matches you play with that mechanic. Finding ways to sort out the weakness in your deck is a big part of the deckbuilding ability. Some people use specific pokemon as secondary attackers just to play them in a match up against a type that has the advantage.

>Finding ways to sort out the weakness in your deck is a big part of the deckbuilding ability.
Do you have any examples of this? As far as I can tell each deck just has one weakness and none of that type has any different weaknesses.
So like water is always weak to electric, even if the pokemon in the video game wouldn't be,

You can use secondary attackers for the matchup that have the type advantage. Some Urshifu decks (weak to psychic) have one or two copies of Galarian Moltres V (Dark type) so they can handle psychic mons like Dragapult or Calyrex. Decks like Mew can attack with Genesect V (using it as a tech mon and secondary attacker at the same time) if matched against a dark type deck and I recently saw one version of the deck that plays a Galarian Moltres (Dark Type) to have and advantage in a mirror match.
And no, in the TCG water is not always weak to electric, water usually is weak to either electric, grass or metal; since types are grouped in ¨main¨types (water, fire, electric,figthing, psychic, dark, grass, metal and normal) the weakness in pokemon with the ¨same¨ type are different. For example in a Calyrex V/Suicune V deck, both pokemon are water type, but since ice is within the water type, Calyrex is weak to metal while Suicune is weak to electric, so in some matchups you will be better playing suicune as your main attacker, in some others you will be bettter with Calyrex and sometimes it will be more about how the game develops

Is there any ability similar to the pokemon power of slowking or noctowl neo?

Any trainer card equivalent to item finder?

Trevenant is the closest to Slowking but powercreep bit its back

Attached: 430px-TrevenantXY55.jpg (430x599, 72K)

Alright, so how would I get a grass deck to not fall over to fire? I've been combing through the last few sets starting from sword and shield and every grass has been weak to fire.
Are multi-color decks common at all?

If you consider arceus box decks, then yes. But mono type decks work because of consistency. In ptcg, consistency gets you very far. Though there is a new grass supporter coming out called Gardenia's Vitality that might help your grass decks alot.