I don't understand what the point is of criticizing Unova for having a linear critical path when the region is still...

I don't understand what the point is of criticizing Unova for having a linear critical path when the region is still full of optional places and map connections

Attached: 1647652446938.jpg (400x400, 20.24K)

You're gonna upset the discord trannies with this thread

>optional places
Still less than previous regions
>map connections
Not true until BW2

Because they can’t think of many legitimate flaws with Unova so they have to make shut up. Basically the same thing that happens with Johto but at least they have a point about Johto Pokémon being screwed over by not being allowed at n the spotlight, a problem that Unova went out of its way to avoid by saving old Pokémon for the post game, but discorders still bitch.

People are desperate to lump in Gen V with nu-Gens because they were mindbroken by the “B2W2 is the last good game” meme

>still full of optional places and map connections
Just like Kalos, Alola, and Galar?

> Galar
Galar has nothing. It’s a corridor with like two barren “dungeons”

Attached: 514F5CE1-88A9-4D44-9AD8-23D6108C273D.jpg (1512x2080, 643.78K)

Haha good one

>when the region is still full of optional places and map connections
Must not be enough to offset the forced linear progression, if people are still complaining.

Also the complaints about Kanto knockoffs. Hoenn has a decent number o Kanto knockoffs and if it had 156 new Pokemon like Unova did rather than 135 then it probably would've had the same amount of knockoffs as Unova. GameFreak (or Sugimori in particular) isn't creative enough to create more than 100 new Pokemon without resorting to Kanto knockoffs. Knockoffs aren't necessarily a bad thing and gives you more options when exploring new teams.

Stop enabling Game Freak's laziness

Attached: 1648780091035.png (953x905, 43.19K)

I like Unova well enough but 1 obvious straight path is simply boring. Other regions had their lay outs based on the actual geographical layout of the places they’re based on, so they were sprawling maps that transitioned between biomes in a way that feels natural, with loads of overlapping routes and connections, plus you would have to discover where you were meant to go at any given point by actually exploring, so it felt like you were going on an adventure through the region naturally rather than following a set path. Unova did away with all of that in favour of a simplistic circle, but for the main campaign it’s more like a straight line. I still like Unova and gen 5 as a whole but they dropped the ball super hard on mao layout and the series hasn’t recovered since

Attached: c - 1559791259614 - unova rehashing kanto.png (1000x625, 405.49K)

Every gen has good and bad routes, no gen has a way higher ratio of good to bad routes. Same with designs. Most of the people that genwar don't play any of the games. If you think someone is being retarded and making bad arguments you don't have to greentext reply to every sentence they write. Most of the pictures and charts posted are not trying to be good arguments. Anyone who posts a picture of an old post as their argument is sub 90IQ.

>it has a tiny named side area so that means it has exploration!
it's interesting how I see this argument used for unova but not alola even though it does the same fucking thing. No one calls going to Pikachu Valley ""exploration"".

>watchog
>seismitoad
>frillish
>conkeldurr
>unfezant
>crustle
>klang
>musharna
>swanna
>musharna again
What about these are more egregious than other generations? Every game has a bird and rodent and bulky water type and so on. I agree that Unova has too many straight Kanto ripoffs but this is dumb. The only ones that are bad are Throh/Sawk, Boldore, Woobat, Bouffalant, and Audino. Maybe Amoongus.

Wouldn’t using Gen1 sprites make more sense? And you obviously didn’t read because they weren’t denying that Unova has knock offs, just that other regions have them too, It’s just more noticeable in Unova because it has the most Pokémon of any region.

THIS. Not that it needed to be said tho, but this right here is lesson you should all try to learn ASAP

>Most of the people that genwar don't play any of the games. If you think someone is being retarded and making bad arguments you don't have to greentext reply to every sentence they write. Most of the pictures and charts posted are not trying to be good arguments. Anyone who posts a picture of an old post as their argument is sub 90IQ.

:desusmirk

Attached: bw 8th leader drayden team.png (780x396, 39.33K)

😏

Attached: c - 1571456985217 - designs old vs new.png (466x2156, 323.53K)

Don't take the bait anons
>how do I identify bait?
If it looks like they're making points to be contrarian, or to make people who like thung mad, then it's bait.

Attached: c - 1547846571135 - designs.png (1146x2194, 724.2K)