I hate how every single NPC talks like a reddit/tumblr wholesome bot

I hate how every single NPC talks like a reddit/tumblr wholesome bot.

Do zoomers really enjoy playing a video game where everyone just say "OMG YOU ARE AWESOME YOU ARE AMAZING YOU THE STRONGEST"?
this game feels like it's made for therapy sessions

Attached: file.png (318x159, 118.26K)

Pokemon has always been about sucking your/the protagonist's dick

Was gonna say Pokémon games have always been like that but yknow what? No. No they haven’t. They always had weird dialogue but it didn’t used to be so pandering, like they constantly wanna pat you on the back. When was the shift? I remember ORAS was chalk full of shit like that, you think it was Ohmori?

Ohmori is the cancer that killed the franchise after Gen6
Turder evolved the cancer and made it a plague

>you think it was Ohmori?
we need masuda back as director

SwSh, BDSP, and PLA are gateway pokemon games of the worst kind. They're terrible games, clusterfucks of a story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive cooking faggotry and INFLATION. The normal user can see them as the shit they are, and may enjoy them, hate them or be indifferent to them, but all the while recognizing that the games themselves, regardless of their opinion, are plain bad. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered pokemon all trying their hardest to look cool, the g moves, peculiar, colorful designs, the whole gigamax faggotry and everything about the Galar/Sinnoh world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the cheerful-party character backgrounds, emphasis on fun, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and the MC's sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up. SwSh/BDSP/PLA are basically THE games to attract the most hated pokemon fanbase known to Any Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of these games and everyone who likes them, and ensure that no Gen 8 threads ever encourage the newfags to show their faces here.

>old copypasta for a series that ended in 2014

get new material

Ever since gen 3, they've forced legendary encounters on the player. And ever since gen 5, they've made catching the legendary Pokemon compulsory. So it's natural that all the NPCs will suck your dick when you've managed to capture a legendary.

So?

It's a kids game.

Gen1~Gen5 games were for kids but they actually had more realistic writing and dialogue

I think in this case OP is referring to the Gym Challenge where you get a couple of fans and a "interview" battle after the very first Gym. But personally i also don't mind it, so far Galar is the only region that done something like that and it fits with the idea of "Going Pro" with Pokémon, the second you got a endorsement from the Champion you were effectively a "Ace Trainer" in the eyes of the public.

If it sticks it might be a problem but as it is it is part of the setdressing gives Galar its own identity, like how Alola had Trials and Hisui has Noble Pokemon. (Speaking of which, i found the gushing to work well enough there too, since it felt more like they would gush over most modern trainers considering even catching one mon was considered being highly capable.)

Attached: img.png (1024x768, 92.32K)

all roadblocks are stupid.
Gen1 had an old man blocking you because he didn't have a drink/coffee

Hoenn also had the Gabby & Ty interviews, so the player would have been a celebrity in Hoenn too.

At least they gave an in-game reason for the road block. In gen 5 they just stopped caring. Gen 6 was also bad with the "blackout" in Kalos despite all the lights clearly still working and NPCs being allowed to walk past the road block just fine.

What are you talking about? There are literally characters like Bede and Klara who shit talk you constantly. The game is shit enough, you don't have to make up reasons why

A grumpy old man being an asshole to a kid is leagues more reasonable than the lolsorandomXD shit in that screenshot

Yeah, but they have their first interview after Slate port at which point you have two gymbadges and stopped Team Aqua/Magma thrice (Forest, Peeko Kidnapping, Museum.), though im pretty sure the ORAS feature has your exploits pop up on the news reports earlier. As said, i don't mind Galar doing it, i just mean i think that is what OP was referring to.

fuck off. they didnt do it that much. Thats what I hated about sumo. I could endure long dialogue, I love watching movies and even on youtube Im watching longuer videos than what adhd zoomers get. The problem was that the game was constantly riding my dick, poiting me were to go then congratulating me for it litterally. I felt even as a child Id be anoyed by this. Congratulate me for achieving something, not at the start and end of every route. I specificaly remember lilly comparing herself with the protagonist and how hes better because she cant even tie her own shoes.

They're all kids games.

>nobody enters this town until I get a drink hand delivered to me for free
>psyduck have headaches and so you can't progress
>There's footprints of pokemon here like there are literally everywhere else but you cant go past
Don't make it a genwar thing, it was always the case.

Literally all of those are better than "we're le dancing here for le no reason xDD"
Stop wasting your time trying to argue in favour of that shit you moron

Still better than in Gen8 where team Fat Pedos literally prevents you from accessing a road because a pokemon is sleeping

>Boo hope they aren't bullying me!
Bede alone BTFOs your argument. Try again.

>nobody enters this town until I get a drink hand delivered to me for free
The key difference is that the player has to go find a drink to give to the guard. They don't just magically disappear. Coffee guy and footprints guy are lazy in comparison, although they only happen at the very start of the game as part of the tutorial and do not last very long at all. There's no excuse for these later in the game.

Stop enabling Game Freak's laziness.

>I think in this case OP is referring to the Gym Challenge where you get a couple of fans and a "interview" battle after the very first Gym
Nope. OP clearly said everyone.

>>nobody enters this town until I get a drink hand delivered to me for free
Old man is a grumpy old asshole to a child, not
unreasonable
>>psyduck have headaches and so you can't progress
Psyduck are known to unleash psychokinetic powers when they suffer from headaches, a whole group of them experiencing that in one place could be dangerous, not unreasonable
>>There's footprints of pokemon here like there are literally everywhere else but you cant go past
They're stated to be rare pokemon footprints and the person asks you to wait until they're done sketching them before you potentially walk over and ruin them, not unreasonable

Just realised you were probably referring to the city guards. The roads are temporarily closed and he's meant to stand guard and redirect people away, you bribe him with a drink because he's thirsty as fuck and nobody will let him leave his post