Are we going to have yet another happy friendly rival who will need to be taught thorough the story that they're not...

Are we going to have yet another happy friendly rival who will need to be taught thorough the story that they're not the protagonist?

Attached: file.png (500x500, 444.36K)

Yes. You know this already

This argument is dumb as fuck.
Gen 7 gave you Gladion, 8 gave you Bede.
What do you faggots want?

I don't even care about rivals they're all cringe save Blue
They should just focus on making good villains

I hope not. Hop was my least favorite rival. Hau may have been dopey but at least he was pleasant to be around. The game expecting me to feel sorry for Hop as he kept losing got old very quickly.

No more scrubs with shit eating grins who exist to make babbies feel good.

If Bede had been the primary rival and hadn't been dragged off the stage to have his character arc ended offscreen that would have been great. MORE Bede, LESS Hop.

Attached: 1646284387520.jpg (618x800, 325.08K)

Hau was a fat faggot who cared more about eating masaladas and handing you max revives than being a good Pokemon trainer. At least Hop intended to become champion and eventually captured a legendary.

Congratulations, you completely missed Hau's entire character. The point of this story is that he fakes being carefree and obsessed with things like the food BECAUSE he cares so much about battling and making Hala proud. USUM almost directly state it and people still ingire this just to complain.

Judging by the complete innocent look of the trainer, yes.

that's great and all but his character still sucks

I hope so, but we won't be so lucky third time in a row

Attached: IMG_20220401_142429.jpg (960x863, 112.54K)

For the "Primary" Rival? Yes, but honestly considering Bede and Klara/Avery (Whose only real problem is that IoA is short so you just basically have 3 battles and then you are "friends") had pretty positive responses from players we will probably get a second one that is more antagonistic too before being showed its place. I think SwSh tested the waters with Bede/Marnie/Klara/Avery being "secondary" Rivals of various flavours, even if they all got less battles and focus then Hop.

Gladion

Gladion IS a nice rival though, he just looks and seems edgy with his first impression, but he really is nice. He is a Nice Rival done right, as shown when he puts down Hau for not respecting the efforts of his pokemon with his current attitude, rough but correct., and i felt more that i didn't need to mention it he was "just" one "minor" rival compared to SwSh having like 4.

These are rivals I enjoyed recently. I will shoot Hau, Hop and Avery with guns to kill them.

Attached: gladion bede marnie klara.png (685x399, 240.82K)

Spaghetti gets thrown at a wall and shit stains like Hop don't stick for me. I see Hop as an annoying asshole who needs to leave me alone.

I want to stab Avery, Hop and Hau with kitchen knives to death. I want them to bleed out and die because they are not cute girls.

Attached: 死党.png (359x355, 61.89K)

The most memorable things with Hop is:

1. He abandons his Wooloo and then readds it.
2. He catches Zamazenta(/Zacian, but even as a Shieldfag i know that ain't canon) adding to the suffering of the most MOGGED Legendary in existence

No wonder I hate Hop so much. Griffin Puatu and Adriel Varlack have a friendship with Daman Mills.

No please.

Hau was ok but Hau 2.0 now with depression is just UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

The Chad Hau:

Fights you and even if he loses he's still positive and helps you.
Makes a team to counter yours even if he uses the effective weak against you.
Never leaves you, as a real friend.

The Virgin Hop:

Fights you and wants to commite suicide because he's a loser that can't do anything good.
His "main pokémon" is a fucking sheep. A SHEEP.
He dissapears like 4 times in the whole game. Because of his "psychological crises".

except usum ruined hop because he was better off staying as someone that didnt really care. "you shouldnt feel the need to do something just because of tradition" is a way better arc than what we got
they could of just made gladion the final battle in usum and shown his relationship with type:null further given usum focused on the ultra beasts so much