Why is so different from the other pokemon movies?

why is so different from the other pokemon movies?

Attached: 1623543092249.jpg (1000x1447, 174.63K)

It has good director

it has SOUL (also the two movies that followed)

Because you were a child during peak Pokemania. All the movies are mediocre.

It had a big cinematic feel and an character journey with an emotional core, so it actually felt like a movie instead of a lifeless 1-hour long special episode of the Ashnime like most movies afterwards.

Granted, I did prefer the Entei movie for its sad story. But the first movie is pretty good and still holds up well.

The Rise of Darkrai movie was kino

Attached: SOVL.jpg (642x900, 638.07K)

It was the first of it’s kind. It’s tough to keep Pokémon movies fresh to the viewer after so many of them.

First 3 or maybe 4 movies are soul. Everything that came after with gen 3 and onward is soulless plastic toy advertising bullshit, same as the ashnime.

Power of us is best Pokemon movie

Extreme Warner Bros. shilling.

Also the only one that actually had any buildup in the anime and wasn't completely disposable.

2 > 1 > darkrai > 3 > heroes > the rest > powergap > that fucking 20th annie re-imagining shitshow and its sequels

What in the name of fuck happened to the movie department starting with I Choose You?

Alola and Journeys are too difficult to base movies around since they don't follow the traditional episode of the day travel style the previous animes did.

Ghibli tier aesthetics

It looks like shit, like all modern anime movies
And yes, visuals are important

lmao are you the same user who said that before and got btfo
embarrassing

Because it is impossible to have the action come to Ash or teleport him into another dimension or have him take a weekend getaway or go on spring break from the school.
No, instead they obviously should have created a lazy reboot of the indigo league.

Yeah how much of this being the supposed best film in the series is just nostalgia

Attached: 1549769391275.png (715x559, 100.17K)

i need to go through and watch all the movies at some point think the only ones ive seen are this, wish maker the one with lugia and the three birds

For this one you need to be watching the series for you to care and understand why ash is stupid

It had motherfucking Christina Aguilera in it.

/thread
My queen

Based

Attached: [Judas] Pokemon - Movie 21 - The Power of Us.mkv_snapshot_01.11.39_[2022.03.13_00.15.22].png (1920x1080, 2.96M)