Does he make good fakemon?

Does he make good fakemon?
youtube.com/channel/UC_DDXSh__21IGWlL2-38clw

Attached: Utubr.jpg (249x202, 5.78K)

Not usually. There's been a couple that are pretty decent designs/good concepts but most aren't.
He's also very obnoxious to listen to

What are the good designs?

Uh he's better than most, but his community is terrible

The meowth regional variant but not the Persian
Any other design that's decent is just that. A decent design. Most of what he draws don't look like pokemon at all and the ones that do aren't good designs. His stereotypical regional variants are unironically the best thing he's done in terms of fakemon

I like the majority of the ones I've seen, but there were some misses (*cough cough* Bathygigas). The names he comes up with tend to be a little out there, too, at times. I'm shit at names my damn self, though, so it's whatever.

There's some good ideas with some interesting designs. But I don't really care about anything else about him.

If anything, his designs are unironically better than majority of Sage's pokedex since he actually tries to make them a little bit less generic "cool" and more varied with design personalities.

Attached: 1613019559075.png (200x200, 43.35K)

its interesting to see the thought process behind the decisions, and he's getting better at making things that look like they could fit in a game
i like the frog thing with the hot and cold form, even though its a wee bit derivative of darmanitan

YES
His girlfriend is talentless hack though

Attached: Fuecoco.png (1100x619, 531.3K)

Attached: Nosepass.png (1100x619, 447.98K)

Sometimes, but I feel like recently he’s been hugely missing the mark. His designs are fine but they don’t look like Pokemon anymore

Attached: Sprigatito.png (1100x619, 526.99K)

But I don’t know how he put that girl’s Quaxly evolution in the video, the clothes were way too blatant and it looked like a Donald Duck character rather than a Pokémon

I don't know who that is but I have an urge to sucker punch him in the jaw and shove him in a locker.

Do I need help or is this normal?

I like the majority of his fakemon. But mostly I appreciate hearing his design techniques and how he considers different attributes. It’s informative even if you don’t love the end result.

You're on Any Forums, of course you need help

There are a handful of good ones, but most of them are unsubtle uncreative garbage that typically don't even look like pokemon, often with terrible proportions.
>makes regional mudbray a pinata
>gives no explanation for why this would occur, not even selective breeding for aesthetics
at least alolan raichu still looks like an animal, even if its origins are stupid. But god he's the kind of guy who really thinks he's doing something by making the most obvious references imaginable.

his final hypothetical s/v starter evolutions are pretty good, though. I'll give him that. I just hate when artists who are mediocre in their field talk like they're experts.

Why would they need explanations? You can just make one up.

>I just hate when artists who are mediocre in their field talk like they're experts.
lol He's far from mediocre. You'd be surprised to learn how young he is, despite his skill.

How young is he

I think him and his friends were around 22/23 and just out of art school when they started their channel, and most of not all of them were already pro-level. He's probably 25-ish by now. His LoL designs are godlike.