What's the point of regional forms ?

If they're good the only thing they accomplish is making the original obsolete? Directly buffing the mon would be fair more respectful to that mon and require far less work on Game Freak's part.

Attached: 1tgbnfgljut71[1].jpg (750x1114, 92.96K)

Only a couple are straight upgrades and I don't think that's intentional.

there's more to a pokemon than just its viability user

because it's cool retard next question

B-but Meganium bad! Waaaaah to take the SOVL away!

>gamefreak
>being respectful

To limit the amount of actual new Pokemon added while still adding new designs. It's no coincidence it came after the gen that gave us Megas (which served the same purose), which itself came after the gen that added the largest amount of new Pokemon.

This, plus merchandising. Look at Vulpix. Now whenever one form is included the other one is too, every time. Vulpix did not get that kind of spotlight since gen 1

Why is sylveon on there

They can easily rehash an existing design and achieve the same effect as a new design, with regards to shifting merch and offering a pokémon with a new playstyle.

To fix the Kanto version

Attached: 134-1349723_alola-raichu-png-download-imgenes-de-raichu-alola.png (860x654, 185.36K)

It's honestly a stroke of brilliance, and I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner. It makes sense for Pokemon to "evolve" and adapt to different climates. And it means they can make new Pokemon without increasing the roster count.

Attached: jungle.jpg (800x557, 183.46K)

Yeah there's also looks, and adding random human attributes to Kanto pokemon definitly improves their look...

Attached: kanto + humans.png (1103x770, 394.88K)

Because I didn’t notice it was there when searching for an image with regional forms and I don’t feel like editing it out or posting another image.

die

Like?

>Reintroduces old pokemon
>Way to create a "new" Pokemon without taking up a dex slot
>Merch

Indeed, the Kanto originals are so bland and devoid of details, any additional feature makes them interesting and stand out more

Nobody buys these abomination designs.

Just like the gym leaders.

GF running out of ideas