Do you choose your starter based on the first or final stage of the line?

Do you choose your starter based on the first or final stage of the line?

Attached: starters.jpg (970x545, 65.74K)

First, because I give them an Everstone. Evolution is for shitters.

Middle stage

Mostly first, but lately I take final stage into account more so I don't get hit too hard by buyer's remorse. It's why I ultimately swerved on picking Litten

>300 base stat total

I choose my starter based on how sexual they are

Based

If I were to guess: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Mudkip, Chimchar, Snivy, Fennekin, Popplio, Scorbunny, Sprigatito, only taking first forms into account

i choose it based on what starter i want my rival to have, usually the one with an advantage over my real starter that I traded in.

case by case basis, and often because of utility

RBY: I picked Charmander because the guide said it was "hard mode", I eveilved it
GS: Chikorita because it was cute. I evolved it but regretted it
RS: Torchic because I liked the first and last stages
DP: Chimchar because my brother wanted Turtwig
BW: I don't even remember who I picked. It might have been the pig because I vaguely remember having Emboar, but it was most likely Snivy. I don't really remember much about BW because I was too fixated on Hilda's pre-battle sprites.
XY: picked Braixen I actually picked Froakie because I didn't want people thinking I was a furry. Got Fennekin later through other means.[/spoiler]
SM: Popplio because of Primarina
SwSh: Chose Sobble and never evolved him because he was the only good one. All the other starters and their evolutions were trash. Actually Raboot might be ok.
If I even end up getting Scarlet/Violet I'm gonna try to do the same as I did in GSC, try to avoid looking at the list of new Pokemon. The most fun part of Gold version for me was discovering new pokes and seeing what they would evolve into. SwSh was a total let down from the moment I looked at the revealed list.
I'm gonna give "ScarVio" one last chance like this, and then if it still sucks, I'm done with the series. I'm almost 40, it's probably time to grow out of games anyway..

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 7.54.06 PM.png (786x490, 193.02K)

final
if it's gonna stay a part of my team then it's gonna be based on which stage will be there the longest

Final because you only have the preevos for a few hours of gameplay, and then you're stuck with whatever it evolves into for the rest of the game. So I pick the one I can stand the most.

I just choose the fire type

Final stage if they look good (Charizard, Torterra, Swampert...etc)
When all the three final stages look intolerable (Gen 7 and Gen 8), I just everstone the best first stage (Rowlet and Grookey)

>Do you choose your starter based on the first or final stage of the line?
little bit of both

>Didn't choose the best starter after seeing the final evo
That doesn't make any sense

First evolution always. Ends up backfiring on me sometimes in the case of Chespin and Popplio.

first (Rowlet) or middle (ivysaur) or final (greninja)

The first time i played pokemon i choosed based on the element i also get blue version because the box mon was blastoise, usually i chosed based on the element or the animal it was based of but after gen 6 i started to chose based on the last stage (chespin was a dumb mon to me but chesnaught was based, fennekin was beautiful but delphox didn't appealed for me, froakie was funny and greninja was cool)

Mostly last, but I do take the other two into account too. For example, I wasn't impressed with any of the fully evolved Gen 8 starters, so I went with Scorbunny since it was the most appealing base stage. Or in Gen 7, Incineroar was a huge letdown, but I picked Litten anyway because I liked it and Torracat enough that they made it worth it

before widespread use of the internet, first form of course. nowadays always the final.