Vileplume's Smell

Is Vileplume actually stinky in the game lore or do people just assume it is because its flower is based on a rafflesia? Venusaur's flower is as well, but it's said to have a very pleasant scent. I want to know about Vileplume's smell.

Attached: 045Vileplume_RB.png (759x798, 420.43K)

It's called VILEplume, not Pleasantplume. It definitely smells like rancid meat

It isn't said to smell bad anywhere that I know of, just that its' pollen is toxic and causes allergic reactions.

>It's called VILEplume
That's just in English, though, where we also have names like Mr. Mime for female pokemon. The Japanese name is just based on rafflesia.

gloom's pokedex entries say that it smells shit so its probably based on that

>Smells terrible in the lore
>Learns Sweet Scent since Gen 2
>Learns Aromatherapy since Gen 3
Pokemon games have always been shit at lore

Sure, but that's Gloom.
>>Smells terrible in the lore
What lore says Vileplume smells terrible?

I assume it can just change its scent at will.

>The Japanese name is just based on a plant that notoriously smells like rotting meat
dang, that changes everything

Again, Venusaur also has a rafflesia on its back yet it doesn't mention smelling bad either.

Venusaur is named after the Roman goddess of getting your bone on, of course she doesn't smell.

>Venusaur is named after the Roman goddess of getting your bone on
That's only what Amerifats named it.

Isn't Vileplume Erikas signature pokemon. I think that her gyms theme is smelling sweet right so it would make sense if her flower pokemon smelled good too.

Or maybe her vileplume smelling bad is the reason that she fills her gym with sweet scents?

Smells incredibly foul! However, around 1 out of 1,000 people enjoy sniffing its nose-bending stink.
Stadium The horrible-smelling pistil of this flower stinks over a mile away. Unwittingly inhaled, it can cause fainting. Gloom releases a foul fragrance from the pistil of its flower. When faced with danger, the stench worsens. If this Pokémon is feeling calm and secure, it does not release its usual stinky aroma.
Sapphire From its mouth Gloom drips honey that smells absolutely horrible. Apparently, it loves the horrid stench. It sniffs the noxious fumes and then drips even more of its honey. A horribly noxious honey drools from its mouth. One whiff of the honey can result in memory loss. Some fans are said to enjoy this overwhelming stink, however. Its pistils exude an incredibly foul odor. The horrid stench can cause fainting at a distance of 1.25 miles. The honey it drools from its mouth smells so atrocious, it can curl noses more than a mile away.

That's Gloom. We're talking about Vileplume.

One one of the Vileplume cards it has Erika sleeping next to it lol.

Yeah, that's the thing. People seem generally perfectly unbothered by being around Vileplume, apart from allergy attacks if they come in contact with its pollen

Attached: VileplumeGXCosmicEclipse211.jpg (748x1044, 252.38K)

Why would Vileplume be any different?

Anyway, maybe the Oddish line are like poison dart frogs where how smelly/poisonous they are is dependent on their diet or something, and captive ones are more agreeable than their wild counterparts.

>Why would Vileplume be any different?
Because it's a completely different evolution? How is that even a question.

yes because pokemon evolutions are definitely not known to follow up and build on their previous traits

dont even try to try to paint gloom/vileplume as a situation of deliberate contrast like vigoroth/slaking or magikarp/gyarados

something tells me this entire thread is bait

The Pokedex goes out of its way to mention how stinky and miserable Gloom is. It even looks miserable about it. No such mentions regarding Vileplume, who looks rather happy. Just that its pollen is allergy-inducing.

>yes because pokemon evolutions are definitely not known to follow up and build on their previous traits
Sure, and when this happens it gets mentioned. Every single mention about Gloom being stinky is dropped when it evolves into Vileplume. Not even once across all of the games so far is Vileplume described as stinky to my knowledge.