2022, I am forgotten

>2022, I am forgotten...

Attached: vaporware.png (285x290, 83.61K)

Will Sage ever be completed at this rate?

Maybe after gen 12

it's dead

Context?

Dev here, we're still working on it. Progress is on stuff around the 6th gym.

The idea was always that the 2.x demos would be the final public release.

There's been SOME discussion about doing another one (in fact there's some talk of it going on this very second) but it's mostly informal spitballing and nothing concrete, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Pokemon Sage started on Any Forums in 2012 as a create a pokedex project then morphed into a full fangame effort. Clover was it's sister project, with Sage being a serious effort to make a tonally faithful fangame wheras clover was the meme shitpost project.,

your an nigger

>almost 5 years
>only 3 more gyms since the demo
that "meme shitpost project" turned out to be better than everything GF ever created and is more of a serious project than Sage at this rate

Attached: shootmyself.jpg (900x900, 77.99K)

>2012
what have you people been doing

You've been saying this for 3 years. lmao
got to bed

tax evasion

>Pokemon Sage started on Any Forums in 2012
>currently 2022

ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS

An entire decade.

Hey it's better than nothing, at least the fakemon have given me inspiration to create mine. Love the psychic cat and the ground snake, among many others.

And it's a gba romhack.

clover is the gba romhack, sage is the essentials game
Romhacks are typically better because essentials games lack the features that you get from running in an emulator and also rpgmaker runs like a fucking turd.

and they say communism can work

To be clear I didn't say that as an insult to Clover, I was just trying to be descriptive.

I got off the project around 2015, and only rejoined recently, so I don't have a ton of in depth information about exactly what happened from 2015 to 2021, beyond what I've heard from other people.

In any case, the main thing that's caused progression to slow is that most of the people involved began careers/jobs or got busy with other life issues, and most devs just have way less time to work on it then they used to, compared to when most of us were just out of high school or in college back in 2012, 2013, etc.

Secondly, a few key people left. The main person who did a LOT of custom tilesets and sprites and artwork got chronic medical issues and only pops in once every few years now, for example. On that note, Sage has a lot of custom assets compared to something like Clover, including completely custom tiles, etc. Since everything is original that means new assets need to be made and planned rather then reusing existing stuff as is the case with romhacks, or even other fangames, since Sage's commitment to not have credits in favor of crediting the anons of Any Forums means we can't use tilesets or assets other people have made for fangames to use because we wouldn't be able to credit the autjhors.

So I'd say those are the main 3 things. If you wanna help speed development up, you can always apply through the public discord (which I wish didn't exist but it's not my call)

Also keep in mind a lot of other large fangame efforts take a longass time, too: Uranium took 9 years, Prism took around that long too, etc. Granted, we're past that point now, and speaking honestly I wouldn't expect us to be done for another 3-4 years, probably, if the current pace keeps up (that's just my guess, though)

No, we're using RPGMXP and Pokemon Essentials. And almost all of our assets are custom made.

Why not hire some autists on fiverr to make assets for you?

I've considered commissioning tiles, yeah, but some other people had issues with that.

So let me get this straight, there is some fucktards in your group (you seem like one of them) that wants to keep as tight of a leash as possible on the development, and even when the damn game is dying you are unwilling to loosen said leash. God damn you guys are retarded.

Also this isn't Any Forums makes a pokemon game, it's your private clique makes a pokemon game, be honest with your selves.

Attached: 92089399_p0_master1200.jpg (1172x1200, 487.45K)

Any Forums here, I can confirm I am not making this game

seethe harder, ayy

idk where you're getting it from that it's all closed off.
It's super easy to join and its encouraged all the time.