Do you nickname Pokemon?

Do you nickname Pokemon?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 11.79K)

Yes, I name all of my Pokemon that I intend to use. It's one of the few things that GameFreak hasn't taken from me yet, and they easily could saying as how Valve somehow charges $2 to name skins in Counter-Strike.

Me? No, I've had sex before.

Me? Yes, I've had sex before.

Based

Attached: B2498DDC-A94C-41C3-9F72-A2C7816DDBB3.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

>Do you nickname Pokemon?
No

Yes

Attached: IMG_20220330_101609.jpg (720x465, 197.95K)

ye niggy

Attached: 20220325_121043.jpg (1061x657, 549.98K)

Attached: 1632369069851.png (700x900, 481.27K)

Yep, and sometimes as a joke I’ll nickname them a completely different species, like naming a Kakuna as Pikachu

Of course.

And now i tend to put names of my original characters.

i sometimes go into swsh lobbies with 4 magikarp and 1 giratina and 1 mewtwo named magikarp and the other guy has to watch in horror as i switch every turn

depends on how many layers of roleplay i'm on

Yes, when I'm breeding the mon for myself or caught it under special circumstances. It's usually shinies on apriballs/dream balls etc that I bring along through games.

I only don't like naming legendaries.

If i gonna use em i do, not only is it fun to me, but it helps remembering who is who without going into stats screens, and if something is for the LivingDex, Trading Fodder(No Nickname) or the "A-Team" of fully trained mons, that said, sometimes the "Nickname" is just the normal name of a foreignmon i got in a Trade, like "Cryodon" or my Japanese Sylveon, but those still stand out and there are some outliers with Cherish Ball/Eventmons i like that couldn't be nicknamed.

>Greentexts the question when it's the only thing in the post.
faggot

no it takes me too long to think of names

Yes I usually call them nigger or some derivative

I like to name my Pokémon after gods of mythology and anime characters. A few months ago I got a shiny Kyogre that I named Poseidon and before that a shiny Rayquaza that I named Kirito,

This, I actually used to never nickname my Pokémon, but I stopped being a soulless faggot when I lost my virginity

mostly by mistake but not always its the case

Alright hear me out bros, the war between nicknamefags and nonicknamefags is really simple to understand.

In the world of pokemon, pokemon names are in a grey line between being a PROPER NOUN and a COMMON NOUN. They are treated as both proper and common nouns in all the pokemon media. Being into nicknames simply derives from your brain seeing pokemon names as common nouns representing the entire species. However, 99% of NPC and characters in all pokemon media, do not nickname their pokemon, just calling them by their name: "there's my Pikachu and then there's wild Pikachu", because pokemon species are made up words and usually associated with a single design, it would be normal for your brain to identify them as proper nouns, what would make you individually call them by their species name too. This duality of perception from the pokemon names is what generates this disparity.

You may be inclined to like more those with a similar behaviour to you than those that are different, which may result into developing some sort of tribalistic sense of identity torwards nicknaming or not nicknaming pokemon, and consequentially end up in nickname vs no nickname flamewars.

Attached: 1587526675117.jpg (1728x1080, 247.85K)