When And Why Did So Many Normies Join The Pokemon Fandom?

Was it Pokemon Go? Because I went to a Pokemon Go event in my city the other day and had a surreal experience.

First of all I want to stress that for a Any Forums poster, I'm actually a pretty normal guy. I'm six feet tall, I shower and use deodorant, and I have a steady job as a server at a taqueria. If you didn't know I was a Pokemon fan, you'd think I was a normie, maybe even a Chad. The sad truth is, because of depression and low self-confidence I'm still a virgin at age 31.

At the event I wore a Gyarados hoodie and a mask with a Pokeball design. I was the only one wearing a mask which was already a huge red flag, but I decided to stay and give the event a chance since my mother has been badgering me to go out more and make friends. What was more surprising, though, was the fact that, out of almost 20 people, I was the only one wearing any Pokemon merch!

The host made me introduce myself to everyone. I did so, ordered a drink, and settled into a chair, next to this 7/10 asian cutie I'd been eyeing since I walked in. She had small breasts, a prominent clavicle, and wore a choker around her pretty neck, which told me she was a freak in the sack. I offered her a handshake.

"Hey, I'm user."

She looked at me with her mouth agape for about 3 seconds, then scoffed, turned to her girl friend and started laughing with her. I was so embarrassed I must have gone beet-red in the face. I drank 4 beers in quick succession and tried conversing with the others, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was talking louder than everyone else whenever it came my turn to speak. Someone commented that my mask made it look like I had a ball gag in my mouth, which hurt my feelings even further.

Afterwards, I got up to use the restroom. I ended up throwing up in there. My head was spinning. I went home and was glad to find my mother already asleep so she didn't have to see me tearing up.

Man, what the hell happened to the Pokemon community?

Attached: 1617249124396.png (1687x1997, 1.82M)

acquire self awareness right this instant young man! PLEASE!

Definitely Pokemon Go
Everyone used to call Pokemon nerdy and gay shit until Go happened

"normie" is normalfag language

Not really

Attached: 1640921119889.jpg (426x426, 42.06K)

>I shower and use deodorant
what brand of deodorant are you using?

...Why do you wanna know?

so i can imagine what you smell like

>clavicle
had to look that up. so that’s what that part is called. that’s fucking hot.

Pokemon was always massive, even during 2002-2010 era.
Pokemon Go did attract a lot of people to, at least, pokemon Go.
>Man, what the hell happened to the Pokemon community?
You went to a pokemon Go event user. It doesn't necesarilly overlap with the "I want to lick Sonia's tummy" audience you see here.
No, the nostalgiafagging was big among normies before Go was even conceived, hence the criticism to Gen 5 designs, those didn't come from the fanbase. Go, in part, exist because of it, not the other way around.

It was actually Pokemon Go.
Never really cared about pokemon when i was a child at the time when it aired on cartoon network.
After playing Go with some friends some started playing with the gba emulator and i was the last virgin standing on this franchise .

Attached: 1627535951351.jpg (612x612, 33.65K)

I'm going to be honest trying to shake her hand was weird like who even does that anymore. But don't worry user, they are just as socially stunted as you are you should have simply taken the chance to degrade the other males there any chance you got.

>I'm going to be honest trying to shake her hand was weird like who even does that anymore.
Are zoomers actually this retarded?

get with the times grampa
everyone bumps their fists and/or elbows nowadays

You don't randomly shake someone's hand when you are in a group setting and people already settled down into their seats. Shaking hands is for meeting the very first time and the very first thing you do. Also only something you do with superiors/older people. It's the new social rules, learn them or you'll have a hard time.

yes, really

pokemon is perhaps the most popular media franchise on earth what the fuck are you taking about it's always been "normal"

don't think you got the memo homie, but Go is the modern Pokemon game for normalfaggots

ever notice how dumbed down it is compared to mainline? it's to appeal to people who don't play Pokemon

you went to the event expecting a convention, practically

>When
gen 1
>why
pokemania