Uh oh bros...they're making fun of gen 5's animations now... what do we do???

uh oh bros...they're making fun of gen 5's animations now... what do we do???

Attached: file.png (798x657, 295.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eg7mmnYIpj0?t=25
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shoots dragonbreath from it's dick
literally dickbreath

Reshiram couldn't resist to get coomed and dicked by BZC

Well, the animation of 5 was ass. Pixel warping never looks good. Still better than the 3D models that all have extremely generic idle poses.

>Still better than the 3D models
aaaand your post turned into bait

Zekrom is just a female using her Baddragon to spray her cum. Nothing bad about it.

Here's the hard truth: None of the games have good move animations except for the Stadium games.

I think they are better by the virtue of being (generally) more expressive. I still think the 5th gen sprites are kinda ass.
Overall I guess my expectations for the 3D models are just higher. When it's sprites, I already know that I am not watching a fight, but a representation of a sprite. So sprites, in my book, can get away easier with wonky animation (like shooting a beam from your wing or whatever).
But the closer the graphics get to reality, the more scrutiny I put on the animation - because it is no longer the representation of a fight, but the portrayal of a fight.

Overall it is no big deal since every self-respecting individual plays on showdown or whatever rather than pumping money into the moloch that is GameFreak, but that's just my two cents.

Stop flaseflagging these genwars you massive faggot

>I think they are better by the virtue of being (generally) more expressive
yeah I love how expressive my zekrom in gen 5 is, doing the exact same puppet limb shaking animations while getting hurt or attacking. It's so much less expressive how in the 3d games it's actually has an animation for attacking or getting hurt.

Yeah, Zekrom is ass, but I think gen 5 has some genuinely impressive sprites (the wiggling animation is almost universally terrible though).
I cannot recall any actually expressive idle animation in the 3D era other than Hitmontop - and idle animations is what you spend most of your time looking at. Yes, attack animations are nice, but they are not always utilized well. Defeat animations could be done much better if GameFreak allowed them to play out entirely. But the way they are now the Pokemon begin shrinking halfway through the animation and disappear into the Pokeball while the animation is barely finished. I wish it would play out fully without shrinking because those defeat animations are almost universally good.

>but I think gen 5 has some genuinely impressive sprites
congrats you made another bait post

>I cannot recall any actually expressive idle animation
try playing the game instead of showdown and you'll see them

>randomly flailing all your limbs robotically = expressive
it's funny how gen5tards have never seen good looking sprite work in their lives so they unironically think this way

3d is and always will be inferior to 2d animation. People love 2d ghibli films but hated the 3d 'ghibli' abomination. Can 3d do any of this?
youtu.be/eg7mmnYIpj0?t=25

My X safe file has the timer maxed out and Omega Ruby is at a few hundred hours. I beat Sun (or Moon, don't remember) and even played BDSM because my brother gave it to me as a gift.
I have seen my good share of 3D idle animations, and most of them are just whatever. If there are any you like please list them, maybe I am overlooking some.

Lad, read the entire conversation. Gen 5 sprite wiggling is fucking shit and the guy who approved it should wiggle into a coma.
But the sprites themselves, atleast the baseline of the sprites without the animation, has some good sprites. Excadrill, america bird, Cofagrigus, the grass monkey, the dark/ground croc, Beartic - there are some cool poses here.

I am generally not a fan of gen 5. But I can admit some of the sprites would have been pretty good if they stopped doing the pixel-warping wiggle animations.

>My X safe file has the timer maxed out
oh, so the problem is that you didn't actually pay attention to the game or you don't know what "expressive" means. Good to know.

user, I don't know if you are just argueing for the sake of argueing, but please post some cool 3D idle animations. I would genuinely like to see them.

Man, Gen 5 had such soulful animations and spritework. Nothing like the soulless 3D models in Gen 6 and beyond.

>he unironically thinks this a good sprite
an amateur on deviantart could easily do better. The gen 5 sprites look fucking worse than the gen 4 sprites somehow and they completely fucked the shading and outlines.

Attached: 614.png (192x192, 1.18K)

I think it is an expressive pose. Are there better sprites in previous Pokemon games? Absolutely. But this one is fine. I guess they had to make some compromise on the shading to make the pixel-warping work? Definately can be improved. I just think it is more expressive than the idle-animations of most 3D models.

>Ludicolo
>Mr. Mime
>Mr. Rime
>Azurill
>Azumarill
>Unown
>Scorbunny
>Cherrim
>Sudowoodo
>Oricorio
>Hawlucha
And this is literally just scraping the surface

>Pixel warping never looks good
It might not have been pretty but it had a lot of soul

Attached: 82213035-3C44-4BCE-9A28-06BD4477AA2A.gif (576x640, 3.31M)

no it dosent, bort

>this is expressive because....it just is okay?

Attached: Pokemans_530.gif (325x325, 5.93K)

Attached: 1618099143179.gif (289x278, 1.09M)

I forgot how fucking awful excadrill's sprite looks

it looks fucking obese