95 SpA

>95 SpA
What was the plan here?

Attached: mien3.jpg (923x456, 54.59K)

Aura sphere?

It's already pretty good. In their mind minmaxing more would've made it too strong

Focus Blast+Grass Knot+Hyper Beam

fucking over fighting-resistant physical walls with a carefully selected hidden power.

post elo

150 bp

HP Ice for Lando and Mence

I remember when people considered this thing a pretty big threat. I don't know if it's because people don't like generation 5 or power creep or what, but you never see this thing anymore and it makes me sad. It's actually a pretty interesting design and a cool concept for a pokemon. Also feel like it should get more special attacks if it's going to be the stand in for a Shaolin Monk. I think you can make an argument for it to get Extrasensory and I would even say some of the wind attacks, since it can tie back to the "sickle weasel" yokai that would cut with wind. Also, how come this thing learns Grass Knot but not Power Whip? Seems like something they'll give it eventually at least

ELO

It fell off because its strongest niche was fake out + high BP moves/life orb. It wasn't particularly good in gen 6, but gen 7 completely killed it because regenerator completely ruins the usefulness of fake out and life orb Because of your nonexistent returns for spending a moveslot and item in fake out + life orb. and gen 7 and 8's singles metas is crawling with regenerator spam.
I don't know if it was ever good in doubles.
The sickle weasel idea already exists in the form of weavile and sneasel. I love all of these pokemon.

I saw it a decent amount testing teams on VGC during 1 restricted meta with no dynamax because it has fakeout+Wide guard

Did regenerator change in Generation 7 or something? And I know the sickle weasel is done already, I just feel like it would also fit on this pokemon. There's no reason you can't double up. They certainly don't give a fuck about making more fire monkeys for example

getting reckless mienfoo in gen 5 was suffering

no, but tangrowth and slowbro were less popular and toxapex didnt exist in gen 6

gee I dunno, maybe to use special attacks? have you tried playing the game OP? or are you too busy making threads about how much you hate not having the phys/spec split?

Yeah I was just looking into that. I stopped playing competitive about halfway through gen 7 so I forgot what a beast tox was. I remember my last match that thing actually was able to outlast 4 of my opponents Pokemon and win me the match. It was nuts. that dude was so pissed

>It's already pretty good
>is like RU

Attached: nigger.jpg (232x233, 13.3K)

The plan is you're a fucking zoomer that was not there for the standard HP Ice Mienshao of Gen 5 OU.

If you could remove 30 pts from its Spa and put them in a single stat, would you rather?:
>HP for bulk and Regenerator synergy
>Attack for obscene wallbreaking power
>Speed for revenge killing and Swords Dance sweeps

As all the other anons said, it was to fire off strong HP ices, but I've seen a meme set going around with LO CM+Aura Sphere, HP Ice and Grass Knot, probably sucks donkey dick in practice but it could probably take someone off guard

Attack

It's UUBL in Gen 8.
Speed.

I don't consider Gen 8 to be cannon