I really don’t understand why ILCA takes the brunt of criticism when it came to how BDSP turned out. Sure...

I really don’t understand why ILCA takes the brunt of criticism when it came to how BDSP turned out. Sure, it’s lackluster and uses chibi graphics. They are FAR from incompetent though. Take a look at the intro, ending, and in-battle models of the characters and you can figure what ILCA wanted to achieve. The problem never lied with them though. The problem lies with the constrained budget and time constraints thrown upon them by The Pokemon Company to get the games out just before the holiday season.

Still not convinced? Let me point to Dragon Quest XI. ILCA had a heavy hand in getting that game on the switch. It runs flawlessly and looks beautiful. Plus, you get all the nice extras thanks to them which was absent on the PS4 version. They also helped develop one of my favorite titles “Code Vein”. All that said, they’re now developing the One Piece Odyssey game which also looks pretty damn good.

Okay I’ve rambled on about enough shit, but I seriously don’t think the problems BDSP has lied with ILCA solely. The choice to use chibi graphics had to have been a last minute decision when TPC realized there’d be nothing Pokémon related for the year 2021 (god forbid they give GameFreak or any other developer an extra year to polish up their games). I feel bad for them desu. They took on the Pokémon contract and now it’s a stain on them because of corporate bullshit.

Attached: F977CB79-2132-4441-983F-5670FA53507D.jpg (1094x522, 140.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tWgE9fnyy1g
youtu.be/qlQmkTuXSgE?t=209
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gamefreak can do no wrong other company must be bad

Shut up ILCACA, stop seething your worthless demake was terrible

Attached: 1645997169425.jpg (739x415, 38.58K)

Because Pokemon fans will ingest all the copium in the world before admitting the root of Pokemon's problems is Game Freak itself, or rather more specifically Masuda and Ishihara.

Attached: todd masuda.png (368x557, 263K)

Man, it genuinely makes me sad people dislike the chibis as much as they do, I really love them, though I get why some dislike them. I've always heard the whole "abstraction isn't how the game was SUPPOSED to look" but I generally liked Gen 4's approach to chibi designs, seeing em revisited for BDSP makes me smile personally

Oh, and of course they developed the app which has one of the best meme-able commercials available. Have some fun with Miku!!!!!

Attached: 2BFB5733-F347-4F3B-9B1F-6957151BA350.jpg (320x180, 8.01K)

There's nothing wrong with chibi, they just chose a terrible style that makes everyone look like plastic figurines instead of just an abtraction

Attached: #ThankYouILCACA.png (1427x805, 1.03M)

It’s the head of the franchise desu. Working on a Pokémon game is supposedly an environment where crunch is pushed hard with very limited time constraints (one year). You can’t expect to push out a AAA title with that little development time or budget. Ironically, it’s the highest grossing franchise from Japan though.

The only problems I have with the BDSP chibis are probably the hands and how they work with the lighting. I really do like the proportions they went with overall, kinda wish they used ball hands like the originals but I can get why they didn't. Only time I can think of the way the chibis look bothering me is the running down animation on the player character, wish the head would bob from left to right more noticeably, the head just looks too static from that angle.

stfu, noid

Attached: 7500DBA8-8BA3-4EA8-A3A3-9F22A4D7CD18.jpg (2048x1187, 1.52M)

Those proportions look retarded, it worked for the DS but for XY/ORAS and LGPE they had to chose something different, the fact that GF understood this for 3 games but ILCA didn't shows how little fucks were given

I'm ok with those lankier chibis, but I genuinely prefer the stubbier ones overall. Even the Gen 5 chibis look a bit off to me, too tall. Matter of taste and all that.

>but ILCA didn't
Picrel from a game also developed by them, can you really say it was their fault BDSP looks like that? If the pic isn't enough, watch the trailer: youtu.be/tWgE9fnyy1g
I'll also remind you that they created normal sized models for BDSP's ending: youtu.be/qlQmkTuXSgE?t=209
Why didn't they use those models on the whole game? Seems to me they were told not to.

Attached: One-Piece-Odyssey_2022_03-28-22_009.jpg (960x540, 314.76K)

ILCA is totally capable of pulling off pleasing models by today’s standards. I don’t see them internally saying “yup chibi is the way to go”. Especially when you can see all of the concept artwork showing a vastly different game. They would’ve overshadowed PLA.

Is it possible to get that hatless outfit from credits? It’s cute.

So basically GameFreak used ILCA as their scapegoat so they could work on PLA instead but now that One Piece Odyssey is showing ILCA to be a competent developer it seems that GameFreak shot themselves in the face.

>I'm autistic and don't know why the company who solely developed BDSP is getting hate for developing BDSP

Yeah, but the fact that BDSP is such shit is because of Masuda and deadlines set by the Pokemon Company and not because of ILCA because ILCA is now showing that they are capable of much more.

Funny how pla try to do what their concepts arts showed for bdsp remakes. Theyve been nerfed by masuda because you cant have another company making a better pokemon game than them. Makes more sense when you see what kind of game they worked on

Attached: 7uujfb3vy2181.jpg (4032x3024, 1.62M)

Did you make like 3 separate threads just to seethe about this?

Guess who gave them the ideas for pla ?

Attached: ntkrkb3vy2181(1).jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

Nah im just posting the picturesin them to illustrate my points. Youcan keep deflecting if you want.