Pokemon Z appreciation thread

I know some annoying shitposters and zoomers like to jerk off this game a lot, but even so, I unironically think it's better than the DS games. It fleshed out everything undercooked about XY, kept all of its added conveniences while making it more challenging, added a bunch of stuff from ORAS, and then had a bunch of totally new shit unprecedented for third versions ala B2W2.
What was your favorite thing in Z?

Attached: Pokemon Z.jpg (1024x940, 116.44K)

Attached: memetranslator.png (791x683, 38.91K)

A single man in his 20s typed this out

Yeah, on behalf of all my fellow Zfags on this board, I apologize for how annoying we can be regarding 7 and 8. It seems like a lot of us either forgot what base XY was like or just started with Z entirely. Still though, I'd like this thread to remain positive and appreciate how good Z was without shitting on the later games.

>assumes main game campaign becomes worse with a larger postgame, which it isn't on older games. They're just as good if not better than subsequent games
>ignores that game being too easy is valid, considering there is an accepted way to play to remain on track for a somewhat difficult experience, which is harder to play by in newer gens
>assumes people who hate kanto pandering just hate kanto, which isn't true
>assumes forgettability stems from lack of third versions, which other first versions don't lack memorability either
>assumes the unfinished game is as unfinished as previous third versions, even though it's less finished and needed a third version more
>assumes identity stems from rerelease-shit and not the actual content of the game lacking identity
That image is strawmanning of the highest order.

I know it's sort of a meme that every game "needed" third versions, but when I replayed XY I noticed how much it seemed to imply a Z. I'm not saying that in terms of that it has bad design (DiaPer), or a lack of content (RS), but most of its plot threads seem to be intentionally left vague to be elaborated at a different time. Lysandre's fate being ambigious, Emma said to become the leader of the police, and Zygarde being completely absent. You can't tell me that they wrote

>When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.

As it's pokedex entry and were absolutely done with the story. I don't know if it would be a Z, or a XZ/YZ, but it's a shame that it's basically a half-complete story.

>assumes main game campaign becomes worse with a larger postgame, which it isn't on older games. They're just as good if not better than subsequent games

He probably based this off HGSS/GSC where Johto was gimped into oblivion to pander to kanto in the postgame. It's not universally true but I can see why he would think that.

>which it isn't on older games
You’re right. BW was made BETTER by having a more linear and short campaign!

How is Johto gimped in HGSS?
This but unironically

Shortest region, horrible level curve, boring map design and visuals.

No, it was better because the campaign wasn't any shorter or linear. It was better because the quality of the campaign was much better than any of the shit that came after.

I feel like it's at least more interestingly visually than Kanto and all Kanto's map has going for it is non-linearity. The actual routes themselves are mostly meh.

I liked it, but I don't know why they made Lysander want to fuck the player. It was very overt and uncomfortable.

interested in elaborating any of your opinions? simple assertions don't really help me understand your perspective

> Shortest region,
It’s the second game in the series and the entire thing had to fit in a shitty cartridge that has more dust than coding room. Also Galar is smaller that’s not even getting to thing the actual dungeons landmarks and events
>horrible level curve,
Wrong, one gym leader ( Pryce) is under leveled. Wild Pokémon are lower level than in most games too but those are just exp fodder. That barely counts as horrible
>boring map design
Objectively one of best because of how it the world opens up and backtracks naturally into itself
> visuals.
Are one of the best in the series, fuck off

Above all, XY felt unfinished to me. It did not necessarily appear rushed; a lot of effort was obviously put into the three bottom-screen activities, but so much of the world feels like something else is needed, whether it be the door at the electric plant or some odd NPC dialog across the region.
Zygarde is also one of my favorite legendaries, so it hurts to see him forever relegated to a side quest in SM.

You'd be wrong. I'm in my 30s. And no, I'm not single. Gardevoir and I are very happy together.
Cope, kalosperm libcuck.

>Zygarde is also one of my favorite legendaries, so it hurts to see him forever relegated to a side quest in SM
yeah, having an entire sidequest and actually getting to use one of its new forms in a playthrough was much worse than kyurem being used as a cuck battery for a ship, fighting it in a single piss easy battle after a cutscene, then finding it in the exact same location as BW in the post-game. We were robbed bros!!

Zygarde is always going to be a tragedy. Mysterious start to be further expanded on in the next game, but due to time constraints they try to include some ideas about his power level in his next game, but it's still obviously incomplete. I just hope that by the time they explore the region again (whether a Legends or a remake), the people who originally thought it up are off doing other things.

Based Zedfags are scarce but know their shit
Thankfully gen 6 was ended on a high note

>Are one of the best in the series, fuck off
Based. Traditional Japanese-based region >>>>>>>>>>> all the others that are basically Kanto clones