What is the consensus opinion on Any Forums about these games?

What is the consensus opinion on Any Forums about these games?

Attached: C97EEAB2-0FDB-43E7-A4DE-767001EBA61D.jpg (1920x1080, 173.99K)

Worst way to play Gen 1

this

objectively better than the originals

They are good but not a complete "play this over the originals" like HGSS are, I think the most offending part is the GBA sound chip butchered the soundtrack and they could have tried harder in the overworld graphics.

The postgame content is the best part, but the "___ mon can't evolve till post game due to it being from johto" is so retarded of a feature they never brought it back in later games

Looks nice, and the Seviis are great, but otherwise it's better to just play the originals

I don't think this is the consensus, but I've always found most of the changes to the game compared to the original really weird. Like, aside from the weird ass "we won't let you evolve these Pokemon but we'll make you sit through the animation anyway" situation most people bring up, there's some alterations to the available Pokemon AND what is and isn't a version exclusive. But it doesn't actually improve the experience in any way and aside from the increase in version exclusives doesn't really make it worse either so what's the fucking point. It's not a bad thing to play, but it's probably best played alongside other Gen 3 titles. If you just want to play through a game pretty quick, and don't mind some jank, Gen 1 is arguably better.

I think that they are better than the original in every way and anyone who say otherwise is coping.

>tea key item instead of buying drink from vending machine and handing it to the guards
peak soulless

It's there only for golbat and chansey, right?

eevee, gloom, and you couldn't get Pichu

The old sprites had soul though. And Missingno is a classic glitch.

>objectively

10 years ago they were the definitive way to play Kanto since they were more "modern", but since gen 3 is basically stone age now anyway, you might as well just play the originals. Still, there's absolutely nothing wrong with these games if you want to play Kanto with actual balancing and full color presentation.

Physical/Special split is key in enjoying a pokemon game

what difference does it make, just hit everything with the moves they're weak against

They definitively invalidate RBY completely as the way to experience Kanto. There's not a single drawback to playing FRLG over RBY. It's an improvement by every measure.

Attached: Spr_FRLG_Super_Nerd.png (64x64, 656)

>not a single drawback
You don't get to say "I played the OG Pokemon games"

Better than their originals, but worse for their console and era, unlike the originals. Basically BDSP, but no where near as drastic.

I have. I just started a new playthrough last week.

That's fine, I'm just saying, that is a drawback of playing FRLG.

>first game to feature VS Seeker
>Comfy Sevii Islands
>Fame Checker for expanded lore
They were alright

Not him, how is it a drawback?

The way you worded it made it sound like an insult rather than a point

Attached: 1519619450447.jpg (554x439, 121.57K)

you don't get bragging rights
sorry

because reel gamerz will say u didnt beet the gaem cuz it wasnt the reel KANTO so you dont get to have an oponion on the region sweaty

I'm saying how is that something to be bragging about?

If you try to use merely playing a game as something to brag about you're shit both at video games and at life.

It shows a greater level of experience with the series that most current fans can't say they have
Also I generally consider RBY to be more interesting than FRLG since every aspect of the gameplay and lore had yet to be properly established, which I guess is novelty.
yeah i'm on Any Forums no shit