Create plenty of fully detailed backgrounds

>Create plenty of fully detailed backgrounds
>Only for one side activity
>Keep using the simple generic ones for the entire main game
Honestly WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!?
And it baffles me that there hasn't been a single romhack that implements those instead of the normal backgrounds

Attached: pokestar-studios.jpg (736x862, 121.08K)

the normal backgrounds are better

>Unova
Cringe souless thread

>discord shill
Soulless

>replying to it
Braindead

>implying romhackers even know pokestars exists

>WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!?
We will literally never know what possesses Game Freak to do what they do
There's no point in pretending anything released after gen 2 had soul so you can drop the act

I remember when people would hack these into their wifi battle video backgrounds or whatever, which was pretty great to see.
It also shows that we could have had a far better looking game if they cared than what was shat out, like pic related

Attached: hqdefault (38).jpg (480x360, 23.32K)

The fact that not a single 2D Pokemon game ever even attempted to make proper battle backgrounds is ridiculous and just speaks to GameFreak’s mediocrity.

Like imagine this could fit perfectly as background for the Strange House

Attached: pokestar 2.jpg (886x520, 46.89K)

My Vigoroth before it beats that Kirlia so I can rape it if it's female.

>for the normal version there's even fucking TV playing
i think the series move to 3D was the eventual right move but it sucks that we never got one final game that truly polished the sprites and all before going on a send off

Attached: pokestar 3.jpg (784x462, 63.54K)

I'm more upset that the musical accessories couldn't be kept on your Pokemon at all times. There's literally no reason not to.

Attached: musical1.jpg (256x193, 17.23K)

gen 1 and 2 didn't have soul, they were shit. They look like shit compared to contemporary titles.

The more detail you add in a turn-based RPG, the more the lack of detail in the combat sticks out. With detailed backgrounds in the 3D games, the player starts asking questions like "Why are they just standing there, why can't we move around?" or "Why can't I use the environment to my advantage?"

The entire franchise has soul and Gen 5 is the part where the soul betrays itself
Everything has been getting better since Gen 6

>le Pokemon was... ALWAYS BAD!

Wow. I miss games looking this good. XY really ruined this franchise

True. Pokemon's soul died with the sterilization known as XY and beyond.

Probably scratching the surface of whatthey could do with 3D visuals.

BW2 wasn't their first foray into polygonal graphics but it was a game they flexed the most before 3DS and Switch.

Attached: bw2_bianca_choosestarter.webm (316x240, 367.82K)

Pokestars Studios seems like an experiment

I would love a romhack for gen 5 that improves the visuals

No they don't? Only an idiot thinks that.

>Honestly WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!?
Testing the waters. Like how Amity Square in Platinum was testing the waters for pokemon following feature.

if you think that looks good then your opinion on anything shouldn't be taken seriously

Bitchy Princess Rosa
Best Rosa