Now that the dust has settled, what is your final opinion on raids as a game mechanic?

Now that the dust has settled, what is your final opinion on raids as a game mechanic?

Attached: pokemonspadascudo-raiddynamax.jpg (1280x720, 92.49K)

stunky :)

boring and VERY slow

it’s shit

A complete downgrade from Pokémon Go because it’s completely ruined by the turn based set up of the main series.

Boring.
No skill or prep needed I what made me hate it.
I only raided hosted shiny dens

Its a good idea to add but there's a lot of room for improvement. It should also be a staple, not just a swsh thing.

I had fun with them, I thought they were nice. Having a way to flex mons in pve was nice, and the raid adventures actually required a bit of thought sometimes. Would love to see them come back.

Interesting idea, executed poorly.

Pretty much sums up GameFreak as a whole.

>hop into a da
>random chooses a copperajah
>the entire raid he just lets his timer run down and auto choose for him
>auto chooses iron defense throughout the entire raid
>fail legendary because of him

I hate faggots who play this game

I enjoyed them but holy shit the system to get in them is terrible made worse by the players thanks to the exploit and no filter system.
There viability is what i loved most ive used everything from baby Pokemon to mythicals anything goes, Until the host stops looking because no one in the game knows how to use baby Pokemon in the raids without being one shot When you can carry, Wobbuffet, Eevee and Solrock with a Togepi not Dynamaxing.

max raids were handled better
fuck shields

neat and i hope gen 9 improves on it further

Bump

The Mewtwo one was the only interesting one. If they did more boss raids that needed planning and corporation they would've been better.

Terrible and hope they’re gone in SV

Raids are not fun, dynamax adventures fixes it more or less but it could be better

Great concept ruined by garbage execution
>solo raids are hard because the ai uses random selection of nfe pokemon with garbage movesets and ai (eevee using helping hand on shield turns, solrock spamming cosmic power and dying to a light breeze anyway, wobuffett entirely, clefairy using follow me to one shot itself over and over, ai never uses dynamax even if they’re the best user of it, dynamax adventures made this even worse)
>online raids are piss easy because everyone uses their competitive mons but you’re better off doing solo raids anyway because multiplayer takes 3000 years due to gamefreak’s piss poor online and the fact animations are turned on

a neat concept with all of the depth of a puddle
the mewtwo raid was the only time they ever attempted to give raids any semblance of depth but even that was held back by the fact you could not actually coordinate between random players due to the lack of communication options

regular raids were really a battle of attrition, just keep hitting the thing until it went down and hope that you could break the shields quickly so the battle didn't drag out.

The Max Raids was a much better concept (fuck the shields)that was EXTREMELY hampered by matchmaking where you couldn't go in with a friend and get paired with others.

Both of them suffered from absolutely brain dead AI/NPCs with absolute garbage so it was basically try to hit stuff as quick as possible so the retards wouldn't get killed and cost you.

It also didn't help that the people you were matched with were usually retards too who would pick the worst possible pokemon (in Max Raids) or would basically sit there showing off their hacked shinies in the regular battles and only waste time while they dynamaxed for a shitmon.

I really liked the idea and it certainly made me continuously come back to the game but they really needed an overhaul to make them really good. I think allowing matchmaking with your friends + based on a "skill" level would have been nice, and boost the shiny rate to Arceus' full odds/whatever the odds in Max Raids was and you'd be off to a good start.

shit i keep forgetting the raids in the dlc was Dynamax Adventures.

Mewtwo was the only time it was fun or interesting.

Should have been in bdsp

Boring Filler