>2013
>11yo me is hyped to play Y
>Ride bike to GameStop and pickup my preorder
>Beat game in less than 2 school days
>Visibly confused after beating the game and finding out there's no post game
Why did I start playing Pokemon at the worst possible time? I started when I was in 4th grade with BW. Younger me was certain that Gen 6 was gonna be the best of all time. Here we are almost 10 years later and XY are still the absolute worst in the series

Attached: Screenshot_16.png (543x320, 436.13K)

>born 2002
Fuck off and die subhuman

ACKTUALLY I was born in 2001

SwSh is worse.
At least XY had all the species to it's date.
Yeah, better play OrAs to have the complete 6th gen experience.

>11 year olds playing XY aren't underage b& anymore
Shit I'm old

You need to get your eyes checked because there was clearly a post-game mission with Emma. Not to mention, the Battle Maison (though for whatever reason, no one counts)

Ok

Attached: memetranslator.png (791x683, 38.91K)

You're right, these are redditor meme arguments. Why does having a post-game equate to shorter campaign in your mind? Sounds like reddit cope to excuse lackluster post-game content.

>Why does having a post-game equate to shorter campaign in your mind?
Because the post-game routes in Unova could have easily been part of the campaign but they are post-game instead. Therefore they made the campaign shorter.

watch, now he's going to post that stupid bar that shows how more red gives you less green or some shit

No, XY are still bad. I'm not using literally all 721 Pokemon in XY. Dexcut is such a meme and no one that plays the games actually cares
The Emma post mission was all the post game had to offer. The maison was shit and should've been the battle frontier or something
XY were far easier than the generations before it and this is coming from someone who was the primary audience of BW/XY when the games released

Hoenn could've had all of the battle facility trainers be gym leaders, I can't believe they would cut 5 gyms out of the game just to add a post-game

>Johto is tiny but has post-game routes
>Unova is tiny but has post-game routes
>Kanto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola all have a fairly large number of campaign areas but barely any post-game routes
>"H-HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY MADE THE CAMPAIGN SHORTER??"

fun fact: XY has more routes in the first 3 gyms than all of pre-credits BW

>places that were always intended for post-game could have been main campaign
No? I swear only pokeshills are this retarded. No other franchise has people saying "post-game bad".

>THEY WERE INTENDED TO BE PUT AFTER THE CREDITS SO THERE IS NO SCENARIO WHERE THEY COULD HAVE INTENDED TO PUT THEM BEFORE THE CREDITS INSTEAD!
compelling argument

>AHHHH YES, ROUTE 1, SO MUCH GRASS

Attached: Screenshot_17.png (397x236, 159.01K)

>XY were far easier than the generations before it
Mashing A mindlessly is far easier than mashing A mindlessly?

I honestly get confused when people get upset about XY's difficulty, because it implies that they're so stupid that they actually thought the other games were challenging enough for difficulty to even be worth caring about.

If you want to talk about theoretical scenarios, why didn't XY keep the other 20 poanned routes from Southern Kalos to add content to the game? Surely they planned to do it at some point.

i'm a big fan of the route design in Kalos (not sarcasm) and I gotta say they really knocked it out of the park with this one (sarcasm

Attached: index.jpg (217x232, 9.62K)

Do other franchises even have this postgame argument? Most games don't have content after the credits role

The reason people say XY are easy is because they are that easy. We aren't saying the games before them were difficult, they were just very difficult if you compared them to XY (Which is fucking sad since all of the Pokemon games before Gen 6 are fairly easy to beat)

Attached: 1629495920274.png (837x1753, 2.79M)

truly a masterpiece

Attached: index.jpg (368x137, 11.2K)

The last two gens before XY did have a fairly challenging final boss though, I've almost lost to Cynthia and Ghetsis before

This is far better than a 0.01kilometer pathway

>XY were far easier than the generations before it
Yup. Worse AI, lower IVs, no held items, bad team composition/moves

>they were just very difficult if you compared them to XY
Mashing A mindlessly is very difficult compared to mashing A mindlessly?