What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: index.jpg (299x169, 13.07K)

GameFreak outsourced their DP remakes so they can make an original game

Gen 4, nothing can go right.

It's too faithful to a fault

GameFreak overcorrected from complaints that ORAS was "too different" I feel. Beyond that, ILCA should've given the games more time in the oven, just like most Pokemon games. They're alright now, arguably better than the original 2 just due to the general speed adjustments and stuff like the HMs being thrown into the Poketch, but Platinum has a stronger case to be played if you don't mind that kind of "QoL" changes as long as you get the enhanced and expanded content Platinum has.

they took away too many moves

The only issue I have is the missing moves and the lack of the Battle Frontier.

I'm never buying a pokemon game with single use TM's ever again.

Do you really want to know my opinion? They're my least favorite remakes and to that end I find it easier to list what went right than what went wrong. The main things that went right is the soundtrack, battle backgrounds, the HM app, and realistic water. Literally everything else was poorly handled. Whether it be the villain teams, the "following Pokemon," the ugly trees, using shitty DP encounter tables for routes while forcing Platinum exclusives into the Underground, the intense blur in caves and Eterna Forest, the handling of affection, the motion controls, weird difficulty spike, etc. the game as a whole is just disappointing. I wasn't much of a fan of DP though, so obviously I wouldn't like BDSP either.

Attached: 80952CDF-84F8-486D-94B1-BBCB8CD1E80B.jpg (1280x1440, 427.26K)

>she bought BDSP

That said, I must admit that I'm quite impressed with the water effects. It really is much more visually appealing than the water in SwSh or PLA, even if the rest if the game isn't.

Attached: 41106E90-23E2-4CD7-8DE1-FEF2D2CD713F.jpg (1280x720, 197.22K)

i mean, have you seen it? shit's ugly as

Nothing

Attached: 1644087648169.png (754x770, 696.88K)

>ugly trees
This is the first time I've heard anyone mention that actually. I thought they looked fine for the most part, but they do look pretty off under the rain effect. I was actually a fan of most of the other complaints you mentioned myself? I think having the Platinum encounters show up in the Underground is a pretty nice way to retain the originals' encounter tables while still giving you access to the expanded Platinum dex, I'm lucky with most of the mons I have being able to keep up with me when following (but there should 100% be a setting to have them stick behind you like companion trainers), the blur helped the atmosphere of those locations for me (specially in Solaceon ruins, loved how it made it feel more like ruins you really didn't have full vision of, you still had to look closer for a better idea of what there is there), can't remember the motion controls though, and for difficulty spike I'm assuming you mean E4? Which I'm right in front of currently. Though, I can definitely see how you'd not be a fan of those aspects. I'll agree that they're somewhat underwhelming, but I'm a fan of what they turned out like. It does make me wonder if they'll end up reusing the engine for Johto re-remakes, if they're faithful to the base tilesets and structures from HGSS, it could result in a VERY pretty game I feel, just thinking of HGSS's Bell Tower path with added leaves in the wind like the petals in Floaroma Meadow for example.

Attached: BDSP Floaroma Meadow.png (1164x652, 1.25M)

jesus fuck i really need to contain my autism sometimes. oh well

Not the guy you are replying to, but I did choke at the very end on Cynthia's Garchomp. My second Elite 4 attempt was more succesful. Used an underleveled Drifblim (lv. 54, I think) with Tailwind and Destiny Bond to OHKO both her Roserade and Garchomp. Felt pretty good, ngl.

Attached: IMG-20220327-WA0000.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

i feel ya bro. sometimes the words just don't stop

they were faithful to the originals in the worst ways and most of the changes they did make were also for the worse.
We straight up got the worst of both worlds with this one.

Follows the HGSS route of not really fixing the crux of what was wrong with the originals and just giving it a shiny new coat of paint for nostalgiafags to drool over.
No, i'm not saying it's as bad as HGSS, I'm saying its worse.

Just ask for a (You) next time it's less embarrassing than pretending to be a retard.

I don't think you read my post, because you just spewed out some completely context-devoid reddit meme without replying to my post. So I will repost what I said for the ease of your viewing.
Follows the HGSS route of not really fixing the crux of what was wrong with the originals and just giving it a shiny new coat of paint for nostalgiafags to drool over.
No, i'm not saying it's as bad as HGSS, I'm saying its worse.