The wild areas and DLC make this unironically the only game in the series where I kinda think completing the dex is fun...

The wild areas and DLC make this unironically the only game in the series where I kinda think completing the dex is fun. Granted, only in a kinda mindless way, but nonetheless. Haven't played PLA yet though. I hope SV is all or at least mostly open areas like this, because the actual routes in SwSh are boring.

Attached: gqi9P9kBKzDLsva2rffagn-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 123.26K)

I really like SwSh but that's because the campaign doesn't even amount to 5% of my current playtime. I've spent so much time in the Wild Area, Raids, DLCs, and doing Wifi battles that I really don't care about the lackluster campaign. They made a game tailored to what I like with the inclusion of the Wild Areas and I can't wait for SV. Shame Raids probably won't be in SV as they make farming easy for both Items, TRs, and Pokemon, but hopefully there'll be an alternative. If this game had a Battle Frontier it would easily be in my top 3, but a gimped Battle Tower and Restricted Sparring isn't enough for me.

Completing the Pokedex in PLA is super mindless if you want to get the Shiny Charm. Like holy fuck is it annoying to get everything to level 10. It was only made easier due to the Daybreak Update, and god forbid you pick up any Wisps you find walking around during the campaign. Don't pick any up unless you want to lose track of which ones you pick up or mark the map

I did not expect to come on Any Forums and read these positive comments.

I think in general "overworld Pokemon" makes catching stuff more inviting since you don't have to deal with too much RNG.

We do exist!

Shield and PLA are the only games where I've completed the Pokedex in some capacity. With PLA it was just for the one quest to get Arceus, and I haven't fully researched every Pokemon quite yet. That being said, I like how with PLA, every Pokemon can be caught, even if some are more frustrating than others (Cranidos, Cherubi, Shieldon, etc.), but there's no need for trading, for separate versions, or anything of the like. With Sword and Shield I was able to touch trade or just get every Pokemon through social networking and finding people on Discord to trade with.

Frankly I hope with S/V, they ditch version exclusives entirely and just make "Violet-exclusive" Pokemon really rare in Scarlet, and vice versa.

>ditch version exclusives entirely and just make "Violet-exclusive" Pokemon really rare in Scarlet, and vice versa
This is a really good idea, user. Imagine two Gen 9 Pokemon that spawn in a late-game route in SV. In Scarlett, one has a 20% of spawning while the other has a 1% spawn, vice versa with Violet.

I'm by no means a SwSh fanatic, but as said, overworld Pokemon is just dramatically more enjoyable than random encounters, especially since these games have never really had a way to influence in the RNG. Having such a big open space with so many good Pokemon available at once is also a lot more exciting to me then maybe 3 new options per linear route.
There's also little things that have been added over the years like catching Pokemon rewarding EXP, Poke balls having their own button prompt, and recommended catches on the Pokedex that go a long way to make catching 'em all feel much less tedious.
I guess what I'm getting at is that, despite modern Pokemon (rightfully) getting a lot of shit, between the SwSh DLC and what I've heard about PLA, it really does feel like this series is finally going somewhere and improving its main gameplay formula.

I know right? Like I get the whole point of Pokemon having different versions is to incentivize trading, but let's just say Seviper is "Scarlet-exclusive" and Zangoose is "Violet-exclusive". Zangoose could be caught in Scarlet, but it would have say, a 1% or 0.5% chance of spawning in areas where Seviper has a 20% chance, or it just spawns in a later environment where in said environment, Seviper is the rare encounter if you're playing Violet.

It still makes it challenging to complete the dex but not impossible without trades. Therefore, it removes the frustration of finding a friend with the other version or buying the other version while keeping the rewarding feeling of overcoming such a challenge.

>Implying GF doesn't want you to buy the other version

>and god forbid you pick up any Wisps you find walking around during the campaign
I did this. It was hell finding them all afterwards.

Attached: luchabullcriesinspanish.png (480x360, 120.78K)

Well, these comments do come from people who actually play the games and don’t waste their time posting genwar or coomerbait threads here 24/7

I kinda like the compromise SwSh had where you got overworld encounters, while you still had the more traditional RNG encounters with the " ! " spots on the grass, I just think having both options is nice.

SwSh's dex completion process is almost perfect, if only it had a GTS.

I'll never understand the genwar threads, I can't help but ponder who those people are behind the screen

Attached: brobunny.png (678x396, 385.98K)

Some people just want to scream into the void. For many, that void also happens to be this little hellhole.

I think it's fine yeah, at the end of the day in a game about collecting stuff it's hard to remove entirely the concept of luck from it, even PLA still has RNG for the 'monsters that fall from trees' and what not

I feel like every Pokemon game's gonna have that anyway. Hell, Gen 2 had Pineco which iirc you only got from headbutting trees.

People who actually want to spark discourse because they find it fun to just sit back and watch people get riled up about the dumbest of things.

If the Wild Area actually had stuff to do and some variety I’d like it but to me it’s just a unimpressive open area.

Don't you know that having a game as your favorite means you hate all the others?

>stuff to do
catch pokemon