/tcc/ - Trading Card Collectors General

/tcc/ - Trading Card Collectors General
Pokemon March edition

Previous :

Attached: 20220325_180042.jpg (1861x2760, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVMu4eJ407Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The old trainer cards have so much soul.

Attached: Mewtwo GX 2.jpg (1826x2022, 1.72M)

Attached: 20210829_171726.jpg (2992x2616, 2.06M)

Had some luck and pulled both of these from the same pack today.

I remember that card. Really cool artwork of the gen 2 gang.

Attached: IMG_20220327_225611 – Kopi.jpg (3071x1981, 1.81M)

Based trainers. I'm gonna go for the Kizuki rocket's trainers next. They have such a powerful grip in the nostalgia section of my memory. I remember as a kid pulled 2 (TWO) Here Comes Team Rocket! holofoil cards. I tried to stay positive and kept the cards in good condition, but I knew it would be impossible to trade them since no kid was ever going to trade a holo pokemon for a holo trainer.

>buy card
>talking to seller
>btw do you have an IG?
makes me laugh every time

Elaborate. What is this about? I haven't encountered this yet.

here's what i been getting in the recent past. planning on getting some more celebrations.

Attached: 20220327_161025.jpg (4031x2404, 2.24M)

stil not seeing vivid voltage etb reprint online...

Cracked a box of brilliant stars and got some fucking good pulls. Getting back into this hobby has been a blast, I forgot the fun of just opening packs in general. So far what we're doing is with each set, one ETB and one Box to control the bulk that we have to store. The ETBs are amazing for that and can hold slightly more than the packs they provide + a box of the set. Extremely easy to stay organized. If there are any cards we like that we didn't pull, perhaps we'll go after buying singles, but don't want to get too far down the rabbit hole.

Also just recently opened a Pikachu V-Union Celebrations box, and we've got the ETB of Celebrations to crack next. Plugging the vid I took of the box opening:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVMu4eJ407Y

Anyone else having fun with BS?

Attached: 20220326_144906.jpg (4000x1868, 2.88M)

Love that card. Thinking about buying another now that prices have come down

Attached: 20220326_152034.jpg (2113x2992, 2.02M)

Thanks, user. It's a great card along with the other shining cards in the set. I didn't even notice that the tube is also textured until I got it in my hands.

Attached: Mewtwo GX 1.jpg (2500x2360, 2.34M)

I want to collect but I am overwhelmed by the amount of cards.

buy cards you like of your favorites
congrats, you're done

and what if those cards don't go up long term?

okay then you don't want to collect, you want to """""invest""""". buy a sealed booster of a popular set, brilliant stars is a good candidate, then fuck off for 5 years minimum before checking in on its price.

Not me.
I want to complete sets but there's so many "alt" versions of cards and reprints and shit.

Think about what you want to collect and why. Do you really want to collect sets? Or do you just want to collect sets because it's easy to categorize and order them? Unless it's a vintage/old set, I don't give a fuck about 99% of the cards in them.

And if you're collecting full vintage sets, be prepared to spend a lot of money or take a long time.

Just write down what your goals are and give a reason as to why. Or else, just collect "cool cards."

I just think complete binder sets are cool.
Is it really that expensive? Most of the cards are dirt cheap except the rare holos and stuff right?

>how could she do this to us?

Attached: 1626749745364.png (700x700, 432.22K)