National Dex / Dexcut

Real question for those who support the dexcut.

Hypothetically, say Game Freak was able to return all Pokemon from previous gens, including Hisuian forms, without affecting the quality of the rest of the game. I'll leave it to your imagination on what that means, but I'm focusing on the Dex part.
This could include a real National Dex with Pokedex entries, but it doesn't have to. The point is that all previous Pokemon are usable within the game.

So again, assuming it doesn't affect the quality of the rest of the game, would you be opposed to this? Would you still desire a dexcut?
Please, serious answers only.

Attached: WavingDitto.png (774x640, 476.14K)

The dex cut is about not wasting recourses to work on quality, which gave us PLA, one of the best pokemon games ever

Of course if gamefreak "just made an amazing game dont ask how" without a dexcut then yeah no one would want the dex cut

I don't think anyone who functioning braincells unironically wants a dexcut outside of compfags
people just recognize bitching won't really change anything so we might as well take what we can get

I want a game with the full national dex and no backwards compatibility. Let's see how many people complete the pokedex when they have to catch 900 pokemon from scratch

Dexcut is only justified with shit like PLA, where there actually we're improved models and animations, and everything was in the overworld.
Absolutely inexcusable in the normal series

I don't understand, why would a dexcut in SWSH affect the quality of an entirely different game? Much less a spinoff that I wouldn't expect to have every Pokemon in it anyway?

Nobody is "pro dex cut" you retard, even compfags don't care because you're restricted to regional dex regardless. Prodex cut is a strawman, people just accept that if they say they can't reasonably do it then they can't.

There is nothing wrong with dexcut in principle you retard. More Pokemon means everything suffers. If they added more they might have had to remove double battles too

>assuming it doesn't affect the quality of the rest of the game
That’s not possible. If they spent time putting box filler into the game then that’s time they could have spent improving some other more important aspect of the game instead.

OP literally said "assuming it doesn't affect the rest of the game"

This. The fact they brought Pokemon back for DLC probably meant an entire map was scrapped

Yeah and OP is a retard because what she is saying is redundant

>Please, serious answers only.
Why do you think they can do that now after 3 years of not being able to do so.

Literally is "think of the codes!!!" shit

Unironically filling the dex is one of the most fun things. The only issue with that is that we've already done most of that.
Not to mention that's not required to have all species in, but shills love false dichotomies.

>Nobody is "pro dex cut" you retard
No, they just make up shit about people against it because they "neutral"

>even compfags don't care because you're restricted to regional dex regardless
They literally say the opposite because they conveniently forget that.

>There is nothing wrong with dexcut in principle you retard.
You've become a fanatic. At best, even if your retarded view of game development were true, then the cut would be a necesary evil, but not a good thing, its objectively worse to have less mons. Not to mention Op explicitly asked in a hypothetical form where your false dichotomy didn't exist.

Fun is subjective

A rare Boomerfag appears

>No, they just make up shit about people against it because they "neutral"
>Just insists on fighting a strawman when called out on his strawman

You're literally making shit up. Nobody is in favor of a zero-benefit dex cut, you just don't think the benefits were enough.

OP here, what I'm asking is purely in principle. I'm aware that time/money is finite, which is why my question was hypothetical.

>There is nothing wrong with dexcut in principle
This is what I mean. Can you explain what you mean by this

>Nobody is in favor of a zero-benefit dex cut
Literally on >you just don't think the benefits were enough.
No, I actually understand software development.

>I'm aware that time/money is finite
The resources are "codes" which by "coding" they're transformed in literally every single thing in a video game and there's only so much codes you can extract from the code mine.
I guess you also think models are either remade from scratch or reused.

>Literally on
The point of that post is that there's always going to be a cost to the full dex you ESL tard

>I guess you also think models are either remade from scratch or reused.
No, I don't actually. Quit projecting.

That'd make the cut a necesary evil and thus, there'd be something wrong with it.
I was joking nigga, its how shills think game development works.
That said, you think they did both?

>That'd make the cut a necessary evil
Uh yeah that is the general consensus

You took my bait

>This is what I mean. Can you explain what you mean by this
No

Attached: 1623620893864.jpg (126x126, 2.56K)

Then there'd be something wrong with it, as said.
And it could be justified, at that.

SV is already removing double battles just like triples before it. And you people will applaud it

No, but purely hypotheticals don’t fucking work. You’re missing time and effort here - time. I don’t mind waiting for Pokémon games, but other people surely would.

yeah there is something wrong with it, but it's a necessary evil.because something about adding the full dex just adds too much overhead to bug checking etc