Difficulty

Which would be a better solution to prevent grinding breaking the game:

>Level-Scaling the NPCs
or
>Level-Caps on the PCs

Attached: 1541267309259.jpg (1536x2048, 286.01K)

I don't think either should be implemented, perhaps as a challenge mode, but then again if someone wants a challenge he can already limit his lvls himself so there's no point, other than not letting other people enjoy the game the way they like.

Littaraly just give items for more trainers. Especially for gyms.
Exp candies are great and I hope they never leave

>he can already limit his lvls himself
you can't though
so you're implicitly voting for level-cap

With PLA's OT disobedience and stat curve, capping at your obedience limit would not only do quite a bit against the grind but also be quite a convenience when trying to powerlevel.
Even then, however, they should still keep any XP they gain afterwards. Think Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum/XD; once you gain a badge or your limit otherwise goes up, stored XP gets cashed in up to the new limit.
The only hassle is getting this to work on a large set of boxed mons, which could take a bit.

Level-scale important NPCs, but regular route trainers can stay as-is.
Remove EV yields, because it's always a fine line between "the player automatically has better stats" and "fuck you, grind EVs to max for an hour every time you catch something new".

Making the battle facilites the main content

just don't grind beyond whatever level cap you set for yourself, what the fuck do you mean you can't? do you lose control of your hands the moment you hit your own set lvl cap, causing you to furiously grind for the next ten hours?

i liked this because you could grind your obedience cap up at any point in the game if you chose to, but if you didn't you could be capped for a long time, so you could have whichever you want.

Yes

Avoid every possible encounter and random trainer battles

you dont?

i just tie my hands up and play with my feet instead, they're unaffected. It's an easy workaround, i don't know why you're not using it yet

Even if you put a specific cap, you could easily hurdle it if you don't know your thresholds very well. Get too engrossed in catching wild mons, pop a big Exp. Candy, things like that. Having to encounter wild mons again does help slow the former down, at least.

>Get too engrossed in catching wild mons
you can always use alt team/single mon for catching to not overlevel
>pop a big Exp. Candy
i agree that those are tricky, but you can just not use them if you can't get the feel for them - especially if the point is to make the game difficult, i don't see why you would just skip the training phase by pmping your team full of candy instead

Level caps and removing revives/x items from the game are the only feasible way to make regular npcs difficult.

Both level caps and scaling down for your mons, and scaling up for the enemies. One without the other would be a bit meh. We should have had this since gen 1. Excess experience gained could be translated to experience candies so that nothing is lost and the exp share being turned off would both be great features for this in my opinion. The "won't obey you" feature is trash, I still can't fathom who thought it was acceptable, but it makes sense as an alternate difficulty to the above, paired with the exp share and the friendship boosts or whatever they are called. But they'll never do it because then the mons we keep in HOME would be truly be useful and we can't have that. Or they will do it in a way that locks you in to one or the other, even though each and every one of these could easily be togglable individual settings.

>Both level caps and scaling down for your mons
>scaling down for your mons
???

Good AI

Idk and idc because whether the game is easy, hard, or anywhere in between doesn't make a difference in my enjoyment of it, I don't play Pokemon games to be challenged

A level cap alone does not necessarily imply mons you obtain (trades, home, wild pokemon) that are over it will scale down. It may be self-explanatory for a pokemon game though, true.