In what gen/game you stopped playing pokemon

In what gen/game you stopped playing pokemon

Attached: bunman.png (496x872, 285.03K)

none because I’m a real fan. unlike stantlercucks.

I still play ROMhacks and more rarely replay older games, but I haven't bought an official game since SM.

BW. That made it clear their idea of new games was always gonna be "the same game as before but with roulette of deleted features"

To add to it, even as a kid I had already been burned by GF's bullshit when RSE lacked some shit I enjoyed from Gold Silver, but DP having online multiplayer and bringing night and day and etc back managed to smooth over my outrage for a bit, before they showed me that they really are a shitty studio

X/Y was my last pokemon games.

PLA if they dont bring whole dex to Galar, so I guess this is my last stop

Attached: dead peter.jpg (2048x1448, 228.55K)

Got into the series late gen 4, played BW first, haven't stopped yet.

>In what gen/game you stopped playing pokemon
I've only played one mainline game since Pokemon came out, so gen 1. However, if side-games are taken into account, it's whatever gen the second Stadium game released during. To this day, I don't know what I'm doing here.

you’ll buy it anyway.

I wouldn't say I stopped playing Pokemon, just the newer ones. SwSh totally burned me out because of how soulless and empty it was. 20 minute battle timers, the shitty Y-Comm system making it unbearable to battle friends who also got turned off from playing anymore, and simply not being able to use ALL of the Pokemon that I worked hard to get and raise.. it was certainly the first time I felt so completely and utterly disinterested in Pokemon, but then I started playing the older games out of pure copium.

Attached: 1639353306129.jpg (1092x471, 90.77K)

the actual games? pirated BW on R4 card on my beloved NDS Lite, I don't play emulators
on showdown I still play current generation occasionally

I still enjoy the games but I've skipped both let's go and BDSP.

I tell myself that I'm done after each new gen, but then I buy it anyways.
PLA really renewed my interest in the series, so now I'm replaying the whole thing. Almost done with Red.

The last pokemon game I bought was Pokemon Sun

Pokémon Moon. Far too much hand-holding and intrusive moments for plot ruined it for me, along with how it all felt like half of a Pokemon game.

I stopped getting games after XY, and being unimpressed by how ORAS seemed
still played Showdown on and off, but quit playing Gen VII very early in, instead player random battles or older metas

I stopped at gen 7. I'm kinda surprised I even lasted that long, if I'm being honest. I've long outgrown the demographic. There's no way I was gonna buy a Nintendo Switch to play the next generation.

I'm not even a regular of this board. I visit once in a while when I hear of/want to discuss something interesting. The only thing about Pokemon that really interests me today is prototype content.

never stopped (or probably will stop) playing the franchise, but I stopped buying into it come USUM. before that I was an idiot child (literally, 13 at the oldest) who bought every game from XY-SM
both versions, which I also played through constantly
which is weird, considering I never really enjoyed them after my first Sun playthrough and my first few XY/ORAS ones.
I bought PLA and don't regret it, but I don't see myself outright buying anymore games ever again- i'll just stick to the old stuff and (full-game) spin-offs

Gen 3, mainly because DS emulators were shit back then.
Noawadays they are good, but I'm trying to get hooked. I'm playing Platinum since 3rd version = best version, but it's a bit hard to get into.
First off, the lack of fire types. Chimchar being Fire until post game kind of kills my vibe (I always play with region exclusive pokemon, makes it more realistic to me). As for the game, is slow as fuck, and not only because of my laptop's power, more cutscenes and travel time that I'm used to. The final nail was the bugs, if you savestate, say goodbye to your entire game. I know savestates are cheap, but the Mythicals or 1% are hard to catch, give me a break game.
I stopped around a town filled with flowers and honey trees, fuck waiting 6 hours for a wurmple.
So far, I've been playing other things, but I don't think I will pick Gen 4 for a while.