Look, Santalune forest is the same layout as... VIRIDIAN FOREST, you know from KANTO?

>Look, Santalune forest is the same layout as... VIRIDIAN FOREST, you know from KANTO?
>Did you capture a SPEAROW? Well you can trade it for a FARFETCH'D... You know just like in KANTO??
>Guess what? You can get a K-K-K-KANTO STARTER FOR FREE
>Remember when you had to wake up a Snorlax with a POKEFLUTE? You get to do that here TOO
>Dude look the villains want to steal fossils and sell them for money... Remember when TEAM ROCKET from KANTO did the same?
>Look look you get given a FREE LAPRAS by an NPC who tells you how it's good at carrying people on its back... JUST LIKE IN KANTOOO
>Dude remember ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS and MOLTRES? You can find them here too!
>Wait wait it gets even better! You can fight MEWTWO in a CAVE just like in KANTOOO xDDDDDD

Attached: pokemon-x-y-box-art.jpg (1150x517, 284.24K)

>Inb4 these are not problems lol

I was on board until Mewtwo in a cave. It should've been in an open field of a bog

And then Kalosperm will turn around and say it has no pandering but Alola and Unova do.

How pathetic.

I like Kanto, so this is fine.

Although I think X and Y look unfinished and I would have been great to have a Z version. But looking back, they are better than SM/USUM and SS/BDSP.

Why do you hate Kanto? Let me guess, you never grew up with it?

I dont remember any of this but the kanto starter and im 90% sure that was just to help you understand mega evolution because if it was kanto pandering it would have just given you charizard

Yet when you point this out people complain that Unova had a blow up pikachu and a single NPC that mentions charizard as if those things are on par. It’s funny cause I know it’s copium, they know it’s copium, I know they know it’s copium, and they know I know it’s copium, yet they continue all the same

Attached: 1426841B-8797-4EEC-9931-6B416F2A7113.jpg (425x348, 16.44K)

>that was just to help you understand mega evolution
They could have done this by giving the Kalos Starters their own Mega Evolutions

Disliking the pandering isn't indicative of just "not liking Kanto", because even if a game pandered to my favorite region over others, I still would not like that. The problem with the pandering is that it makes no sense, is preferential, and strips the new region and gen of its identity as well as an ability to stand on its own. It's pure creative laziness.

Did they not? I only played once but im pretty sure mega greninja was a huge plot point

The entire Lucario side-story exists exclusively to teach you about and give you mega evolution. The Kanto starters are overkill, only there so they can be absolutely certain you know that the Kanto starters got megas.

>it’s ok when shitnova does it

Attached: F6D2EBCF-D408-4807-9E70-CF4DDD6A48EA.jpg (256x192, 10.39K)

>kaloschizo zoomer moment

Ash-Greninja was anime-exclusive. The same anime that pretended Chesnaught didn't exist, and was pretty clear about Braixen being more important than Delphox.

>references are pandering
Unova had the least Kanto content of any Generation, with XY starting the pandering everywhere
Shove your narrative up your ass

and this kalosperm, who says kalos has no pandering, or that it's worse in unova or whatever.
Where is he?

>50036389
You're too predictable, get new material.

see

I remember lucario too that was a weird one i guess that movie was happening around then. >Zoomer lol roflcopter XD imma firin muh lazer why are we here got any grapes shut the fuck up

>Play RBY
>”Wow this game is awesome, all these cool unique monsters and the world is teeming with identity”
>Play XY
>Copy pastes forest from RBY
>Gives you starter from RBY
>Most of the Pokémon you run into are from old games, including RBY
>Snorlax blocks the bridge like in RBY
> “Huh… this game doesn’t seem to have much of an identity of its own, and it doesn’t have many new monsters I couldn’t use in older games… oh well, let’s just go play those older games instead!”
It’s almost like recycling content from old games doesn’t make a new game as good as those old games, and instead they should follow in those games footsteps and actually recognize WHY people liked them so much to begin with so you can create something new with the same appeal.

Attached: B637A72B-C261-44CE-84C6-610CD59DEBC8.png (641x656, 171.68K)

>Cucklos coping and goalpost shifting
Doesn't change the fact that in BW, you couldn't catch old pokemons until postgame which caused tons of seething for KANTOOOOOO fans

Kalosbros.... You told me our childhood region didn't start the bad trends of the series!
What to say now....

Good god there he is!

I grew up with it. I'm tired of it being featured so heavily in every gen. Already popular and strong Gen 1 mons getting evolutions, mega evolutions, and regional forms while everything else gets shit.