Is there anyone on this board who is genuinely excited about the next installment...

Is there anyone on this board who is genuinely excited about the next installment? Or is everyone just assuming that they're going to be shit?

A whole new set of Pokemon is pretty exciting imo. It's always been a fun time seeing what they come up with in terms of designs. Some are shit, some are just furry bait and then there are some that stand out and eventually become people's favorites.

Is there anything that you guys are actually anticipating for these games? Or are you just going to buy them, play them, then hop on Any Forums to shit talk them all day?

Attached: pokemon-scarlet-violet.png (1800x900, 2.83M)

i'd like to be excited since i enjoyed PLA, but the art direction they're going with is extremely unfortunate

I like the open world idea on paper but if they don't let you progress things out if order then there's no point

I am excited for gen 10 as it will be the one that learns from Pla, SW/SH and S/V.

lol

No it won't since gen 10 will be them struggle with Nintendo's new ps4 level system

The fact we're getting it this soon and the general trend of this series makes me reluctant to look forward to it in any real capacity.
The music will be great as usual, we're going to get some good looking NPCs, we're going to get a host of new Pokémon. Some will be stinkers, some will be new favourites. Those are the things you can rely on with each generation and I doubt Gen IX will be an exception.
Everything else on the other hand... Visually, I don't think adding extra detail to Pokémon textures is a good idea, it adds a sort of detail that clashes with cartoony design, Seviper's scales are the easy example, but it's going to be even more jarring with how modern 1st stage Pokémon look. The PCs look like a Camper and a Picnicker. Gameplay-wise, it'd be nice if they build on PLA's combat system, but the monkey paw will definitely curl with even heavier handholding and watering down of the game.

I'm mostly excited for a new competitive game since SWSH is stale, but the single player being open world has lots of potential

The art direction and potential school-based storyline rub me the wrong way. It was always a kids series but I think this one will feel especially so

considering how this game is rushed anyway, i only looking forward for the new mons

I’m looking forward to the new Pokémon, I hope there are new regional variants this gen too.

Tbh in not a fan of the protag designs, too kiddy and generic for my liking. They really don’t look like pokemon trainers to me

>Is there anyone on this board who is genuinely excited about the next installment? Or is everyone just assuming that they're going to be shit?

I'am assuming they're going to be shit and I won't buy them (like I didnt buy Gen 5, 6, 7 and 8 games) but I'm excited for the 10 or so good pokemon designs that will come among the horde of garbage ones

After you've had the best, the rest just cannot compare.

Attached: maxresdefault-1[1].jpg (1280x720, 176.67K)

PLA

>while not perfect, exactly the right step forward for the franchise
>felt like a real adventure on the first playthrough
>only one game instead of the two versions BS
>trade evos not a requirement

SV

>back to the two versions BS
>therefore probably trade evos being mandatory
>looks like there's only one shitty island with a school in the middle
>protags are the worst yet
>Larvitar is in the first wild area, so now every Tom Dick and Harry will have had a Tyranitar even though he's supposed to be a rare pseudo, and so one of my favourite Pokemon will now be considered a part of the SV normie NPC team along with the regional bird and rat

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>that last point
I agree with the first two points, but holy shit if you worry about what NPCs are doing in a desperate attempt to differentiate yourself, you yourself are an NPC. You're like a robot trying to learn what it means to become human and failing at it by virtue of following a different protocol. Real human beans don't concern themselves with what NPCs are doing. Maybe a real person will enjoy what the NPCs are doing on occasion - the fact of whether or not NPCs are involved has absolutely zero bearing on a person's decisions.

*If* it's PLA 2.0, it will be great.

My expectations for this franchise I thought were dead and gone, but I really enjoyed Legends Arceus. Then Elden Ring came out and literally mogged gamefreak so badly that I'm borderline ashamed of myself for being happy with Arceus, which was only ever impressive to begin with because they had lowered my expectations so much.

Nah. I'll buy it and play it and beat it but I don't care about this shit anymore. It will be alright and fun enough just like it always is, but it will be pokemon, just that, with a few new bells and whistles, maybe, and for all I know it will release with only 300 pokemon and will require multiple dlc installs to even feel like a full game.

Lmao calm down dude, that last point is obviously embellished, I don't really care that much, but I do think it's stupid that a pseudo can be found in the first wild area.

They already said you have to enter battles to catch pokemongrels.

I'm more excited at this point than I have been for the past couple of gens and this first time I've liked all of the starters since gen 4, so it'd take another dexcut-esque moment to ruin this for me.

no I'm really tuned out now.
from the trailer it seemed even more toddlerish and the Spanish setting gives it this Dora the Explorer/Viva Pinata atmosphere that I hate.