In all honesty do you think they'll ever reference it...

In all honesty do you think they'll ever reference it? Even with all the Kanto shilling it seems like this is the line they won't cross despite how iconic it is. Do you feel like going so far as to reference a glitch would be reaching too much?

Attached: Missingno.jpg (1200x675, 59.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MtlqzqITONk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before the lore behind Type: Null was revealed, I actually thought it would've been a tie-in to the Virtual Console release of RBY (which was close to Sun/Moon's release date).

Missingno. is a jumble of parts. Type: Null is a jumble of parts. I had this brief headcanon where if Missingno. was transferred to Pokébank, it would change into a Type: Null. I so wanted this to be canon, and I think it's missed opportunity.

Attached: 1646908600338.png (1280x1280, 836.34K)

It is a stupid glitch, it is not a character or anything. Stop being so massively autistic AND retarded.

>Nintendo
>Acknowledging glitches/exploits in old games, however popular
Anything that wasn't intended in their games is taboo and deserves to be squashed out of existence

You gotta remember in the end of the day, it's a Japanese company. Owning up to mistakes is one thing, but celebrating it is not something they normally do. It's by all objective counts a programming flaw, so they're not likely to replicate it on purpose.

Where did it say it was?
You would think this but Myamoto has acknowledged the minus world in SMB1 in an interview, even speaking fondly of them saying they were "extra levels".

Has Missingno. (or the SpaceWorld scrapped betas) ever been mentioned in an interview with either Tajiri or some other Gamefreak staff member? I think that would actually be pretty cool.

Not to my knowledge. When the beta leaked I was actually curious if GF or NoA would go apeshit and damage control for no reason. They took down a guide book but didn't do shit about a beta of a major title.

Yeah, and that's it. Never again has there been a minus world, much less an intentional one. Miyamoto can be a wild card on top of that.

If anything, they should make a pokemon that legitimately references Missingno.
Maybe some kind of other computer program monster LIKE the Porygon line.

Closest we'll ever get is victini being regional dex no.0 in the generation that was a soft reboot and made a conscious effort to heavily mimic gen1.

Isn't MissingNo. a west-only glitch, even?
That's even less reason to acknowledge it to any capacity beyond "game-breaking, save-corrupting glitch".

No, it exists in all regions. It's just more well-known in the west.

I don't think they ever will, but it would be kino

Attached: cc22c88be655715bcf4952232b30d7d6.jpg (600x500, 100.41K)

Why is the something so bizarre and almost creepy about Missingo

Because it rejects typical video game norms. Games are supposed to be fun, popular, and seek the approval of the players. Missingno. isn't a canonical feature and the players weren't meant to see it, which may evoke a sense of shock or fear when it's seen. It's a form of psychological horror.

How is it an extra level? It's just 2-2 on an endless loop.

I think that's exactly it user

They referenced it in XY

I would love if they did it, but since it only existed outside of Japan I think it's probably never going to happen. The company doesn't realise how intrinsic it is to the gen 1 nostalgia sadly because only westerners experienced it, and that's without even mentioning they probably don't want to highlight a programming bug present in their games that could eventually delete the save data.
You're only correct on a technicality. It did not exist in the same way in Japan Red/Green, which is what most of Japan played. It exists in Blue but it was a revision and came out in Japan after it came out in English. The old man trick doesn't work and it doesn't have the same sprite. The setup is way more tedious, you have to have a fossil and specific values or it doesn't work.
youtu.be/MtlqzqITONk
Most Japanese kids did not do this glitch as it's too complicated to set up and there is no culture surrounding it like there was for Missingno in the playground for most kids who grew up playing Red/Blue.
In fact in Japan it only became a known thing when Corocoro talked about the glitch in Blue version, but you could only get Blue version by mail in purchase to Corocoro in the first place so barely anyone played it. It wasn't released for retail until 1999.
So any attempt to appeal to westerners' nostalgia of Missingno would be entirely lost on Japanese fans.

Also the non Ghost and Fossil Missingno crash the game. So even if they were able to do the same trick in the US versions, they'd never be able to see it.