CNN Covering The Pokémon Card Hobby

We legit now

Attached: Screenshot_20220326-141031_Chrome.jpg (1080x1448, 466.5K)

Man being a journalist is hard work
I hope they're paid enough

Who bought that card? WHO

Isn't it just likely a case of money laundering?

very much so, nobody sane would pay over 52k

It was me

This card is only a little more over 20 years old. The kind of person who'd be interested in it would have been alive back then and able to have purchased one themself. Beside the fact that they wouldn't have waited this long to get one had they been interested in it.

Very strange.

Were born in February or something? Did you not just live through all that retarded Logan Paul shit? This card has been selling for more than 200k for at least two years now. This is a higher price than I would have expected at this exact moment in time because the last hype cycle is over, but people paying retarded prices for this particular card is nothing new at this point.

Just crash the market already, fuck all the scalpers that mass buy the packs

You think people are buying this because they're interested in it???

LOL.

It's nothing more than an investment opportunity to these people.

>The kind of person who'd be interested in it would have been alive back then and able to have purchased one themself
Not necessarily. By the time TCG was out, Pokemania was already at a fever pitch. The 1st Edition base set cards were released on the West Coast first and were bought up pretty quick. I remember by the time they got to my region, they were already going for double to triple the box price at card shops.

Then you have to consider that just because you pulled a 1st Edition Zard doesn't mean it was PSA 10 quality even out of the pack. And on the off chance it was, you would have to keep it pack fresh for 20 years. The odds of that happening aren't great. I kept all my cards pretty nicely considering I was 10 years old when I purchased them, but even still, few if any would grade that high.

And after the Logan Paul shit, actual investors who have no attachment to Pokemon whatsoever have been buying up vintage cards. Assuming this was a legitimate sale, which it may not be, it was probably some boomer or crypto millionaire looking for an alternative asset to park their money. But that price is fucking stupid. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

no they're covering money laundering

I bought a box today and pulled this. Apparently its a semi rare card

Attached: 66BF6095-FA98-4725-A150-DD5FBEA323F6.png (323x450, 354.71K)

What are you, gay? That's a homo card for homos. It's rainbow and everything

It's the chase card from the set, dingus. It's a $1200 card at PSA 10

In a world where people are unironically "collecting" JPGs of apes, it's hard to take collectibles seriously as an investment.

And nft is not a jpeg. You can't sell a jpeg. Right clicking and saving a picture of an nft is exactly as stupid as saying you're a billionaire because you have a screenshot of Jeff Bezos's checking account balance

sad rich person who focused on building themselves for years and can afford to relive their childhood.

Maximum cope.
It's a .jpeg, I can do whatever the fuck I want with it even if you own the metadat.... emh the digital certificate on the blockchain.

Btw shining cards > shining rocks.
Pokemon cards might be inflated but they've been a better investment than gold/silver in the past decades.

So many people would still have those. How?

he cute