Abandoned by his criminal father

>abandoned by his criminal father
>steals his starter
>treats his Pokemon like tools
>treats everyone like shit
>hates Team Rocket passionately
>eventually grows, changes, and learns to love his Pokemon
Why can't we have morally complex rivals anymore?

Attached: 29f817dd7c7fb4e470f07d72d09259e124d091c0r1-500-699v2_uhq.jpg (500x699, 28.82K)

There’s nothing complex about Silver or any character from this franchise.

Better yet, why can't we have cute and kissable rivals anymore?

Attached: Silver.(Pokémon).full.2109877.png (802x600, 466.56K)

You're a fucking idiot. Silver is actually well written and they do it without ever having to hammer it over the players head like they're a moron
>starts off as angry and abusive
>only cares about strength and uses his Pokemon as an outlet for his anger
>steals 2 Pokemon for his team
>game makes you believe he's a perfect candidate for Team Rocket
>instead he absolutely crushes them any chance they get and mocks how they use numbers to pretend they're strong
>gets BTFO by Lance and told he needs to learn to treat his Pokemon better
>actually reflects on Lance's words and slowly progresses
>cut to the post game where his Crobat has evolved showing he learned to love his team, tries to return the starter he stole only for Prof. Elm to tell him to keep it because of how much the starter cares about him now, and offers to team up with/battle you because he wants to prove himself as a great trainer, and not for any malicious reasons
Cope all you want, Silver is a phenomenal rival.

Calm your ovaries, Lyra

That's not complex, as great as Silver is.
In any case, its a big flaw that you require a timed event in a remake to understand the character.
Not that user, and he probably doesn't understand it either, but saying he's not complex is not saying he's not well written. Silver IS great, but not complex, as most of the better characters are.

What about him?

Attached: Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png (458x1200, 300.04K)

>Silver is actually well written
Never said he wasn’t, retard. Being well written and morally complex aren’t mutually exclusive. Not my fault you assume otherwise.

You don't need to do the Celebi and Giovanni event to understand his anger. Fire Red and Leaf Green allude to the fact he's Giovanni's kid. Still, you're right to some degree. Kinda a shame that kino flashback to Giovanni leaving behind his family is gatekept by a limited time event. That's easily something that could have been added to the base game as additional post game content.

He's cool and all because he's actually a good trainer, but ultimately falls flat because he doesn't really have any faults that make him interesting. Think Hop with Sword and Shield. An obnoxious cunt most of the time but he had actual faults that made him interesting. Like abandoning his Swooloo because he thought it was weak (and it was) and building different teams to find what works, before ultimately realizing the importance of becoming a trainer is using the Pokemon you like, not just what is strong, with which is then adds Swooloo back to his team.

Hop was peak kino, soul, and rawness.

all i remember about him is
>AHHHHHH! MAH SISTER'S PURLION.

Who cares when your rival is barely more than a punching bag you curbstomp at every turn. Barrys THUD meme at least made him memorable. Best thing I can say about silver is that at least he's not memorable for being a garbage character, unlike most nu-rivals.

Will we seehim grown-up working with locker?

Attached: images (31).jpg (600x338, 21.93K)

I don't remember well but i feel like Barry was that annoying kid with daddy issues and Dawn was the real Rival

Looker.

How would you resolve the conflict between Silver and Giovanni? Or are they doomed to forever be enemies with each other

>dude im a bad dude with an attitude
>oh you beat me, i realize the error of my ways and I'll be good now :)
Yeah, great complex writing.

Um no, Silver spends the time between your raid on the Rocket Hideout and you becoming Champion reflecting on Lance's words and being confused/in denial about them, he doesn't just do a total 180 like you're trying to reduce it to.

Pokemon likes to set up dramatic reunions without actually doing anything with the reunion. Like with Lusamine and Mohn in USUM, or Mr. Fuji and Mewtwo (unless Let's Go did something with that, I never played it).

I just want to see them interact again but I worry that it would result in Silver just forever resenting his dad and their relationship going nowhere like you said

Mewtwo would probably recognize Mr. Fuji as the man from the other side of the glass tube and kill him