To anons here who made it

Does anyone else ever go back and look at the shitheap area or situation they came from? I do it sometimes just to remember how far I've come

I used to have to work here unironically while living with my parents. It was such shit work. I had to once drive out to the middle of the woods at some warehouse and drive order pickers for $9/hr

Attached: msedge_qxqmA4H6v4.jpg (1920x969, 382.4K)

you slippin again jimmy?

Growing up I used to think about doing that, I'd think once I was out and supporting myself and doing well I'd come back one day in a decade or two just to see how far I came.
I haven't really bothered doing that though, maybe once or twice I've been reminded of a place I grew up so I looked it up on streetview just to see if anything changed.
Once I was driving down a road 5 minutes away from where I used to live to visit some family, I had all the time in the world that day where I could have gone over and checked out all the old spots, but I didn't bother. I just don't care too much anymore.

taking a trip down memory lane

I feel like I'll do this. Once i make it

Hell no I wouldn't go back. I was forced to work a shitty fast food job soon as I was 16

I haven't been back to where I went to high school in over a decade. Probably won't until my in laws die and we have to deal with their estate. I did check out the area. Not a shithole overall but our house sure was.

Only done it once, which was years ago. Haven't looked back since.

All the time user. In fact, I'm working on a way to improve it.

This will never, ever happen, but I developed a full-scale rapid transit system for my hometown, complete with multiple modes, zoning alterations, and grade separations/crossings that would benefit it. I floated it to local leaders/planners/community leaders and have received a lot of great feedback, but again I doubt this will ever come to fruition.

Attached: BOLT mainlines lightrail brightline ferry.png (1318x860, 732.71K)

i feel like every time I post in a thread here it dies right after

cause your from florida or some shit

Yeah probably

Based transit user I remember one of your posts i found very interesting...

My city doesn't have any public transit or useful pedestrian areas and I'd love to float some ideas to my local government that make logical but also financial sense. Do you have a background in this area, or are you mostly self taught?

There's a guy on YouTube called "not just bikes" or whatever that talks about a "Strong towns" movement that focuses on transportation issues that affect a local economy... Its super interesting to me.

.>STROADS ARE BAD

Attached: images.png (194x259, 7.26K)

please tell me you showed up to the meeting with something a little bit more professional looking than a ms paint drawing

I grew up in public housing projects. Some of my fondest memories are there and I was trying to find pictures of what the area looked like 20 years ago when I was a kid but haven’t been able to find anything. I sometimes drive near the city and it’s changed so much. I don’t really experience the nostalgia now. The projects used to have this caged basketball court when I was a kid, and I vividly remember playing some basketball and getting pushed into the fence and getting a slight puncture at the bottom right side of my belly from a part of the cage that was sticking out. Oddly enough, I don’t really care for the development but I kinda miss it ya know? The entire city has undergone a ridiculous amount of infrastructure improvement and the motels that lined the highway got busted for a drug ring back when I was in high school.

Not as a rule, but in most cases they are completely unnecessary are only contribute to community fragmentation.

About two month ago my dad and I drove through his hometown. He talked about how he was basically raised at the local bar. His father would go get a glass of beer in the morning, take a six pack to the steel mill, then go back to the bar after work. It was an absolute shithole.
They sold his childhood home during the housing crisis for five figures. It was smaller than a two-car garage. Fortunately he was able to escape to live a pretty good upper-middle class life, but shit was dark when he was growing up and I'm eternally grateful for not having to go through the same.

Yep. All the junkies in my shithole hometown were mirin' my glasses real hard.

Attached: 3456435364346.jpg (3024x4032, 1002.16K)

All the things that used to bother me now make me laugh, I have strangely fond memories of those times even though I hated it back then.

Attached: 2095823.png (300x300, 84.8K)

nah they were just guessing how many belly rolls you have under that shirt im betting on 2 big on the lower part and stripes under your boobs when you sit down