Worth thinking about

Honestly... not to discredit everything else but I feel like the Pokémon spirit is all in here really.
There's something to be said about being able to stand self contained on its own rather than being just another gear you keep throwing into an increasingly messy pile because there's financial incentive to do so. Not to say there is no benefit to expanding but it's also undeniable how it dissipates some of the original essence.

Imagine if after the Mona Lisa was made other artists stretched the canvas and kept painting a bunch of other people around her. Sure those could still be beautifully crafted on their own right(though the more you add the more chances of missing the mark) but they would stain the Mona Lisa as a concept regardless. You could argue that objectively she's all there still so more content just means more things to enjoy but do you really want to have to bend backwards, squint and put your hands over your eyes to try to cover up and ignore all the added new things you dislike as to not ruin the classic experience?

Just my perspective, hope it doesn't upset anyone.

Attached: OG_151.png (1049x1185, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_in_the_Museum_of_Modern_Art
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I get what you're saying and I agree but you sound like a faggot.

Kanto is awesome

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was a product with designs scrapped due to time constraints or feeling that they wouldn't have been mass marketable, plus designs tweaked for marketability. It can never be compared to a singular work that captures an artist's vision. Video games will never be art.

>hurr durr the Pokémon spirit

Daily reminder than Pokémon is a media franchise designed exclusively to sell toys and games to children and manchildren. Stop pretending that this was ever high art.

Gen 2 was the last Pokemon game Tajiri intended to make. Everything since then has been a cashgrab, even if they are objectively better games (I'd include Yellow and Crystal in this list of games that are cashgrabs).

Couldn’t hear you over all the cock in your mouth

t. seething zoomer

It makes sense that zoomer despise the concept of high art and can't see accidental inspiration and genius in products. They've only ever know cynical corporate tentacles grabbing at their psyches, so they've never seen anything that makes them feel genuinely happy or inspired.
Zoomers truly are seething, but they are to be pitied rather than hated becuase they will never know art that isn't a marketing scheme or a tool weaponising nostaligia (for things they've never even experienced) against them.

You think you're onto something but the fact is Kanto is home to plenty of shitmons very few people actually like

The most popular mons, the ones with actual fanbases, are merely the ones the anime shilled, plus Gengar
Everything else has never been hailed as the pinnacle of Pokemon design

Kanto dex is---overrated.

based

anything that is creative and involves passion is art

right, i'm sure when they created pokemon for the first time, it was purely to make money. inventing something new requires creativity and creativity requires passion.

don't listen to the seething zoomers in this thread user. they're just jealous that you clearly have a soul, something they will never have or even understand is.

Kanto was literally intended as a beta for Gold and Silver. RBY were testruns, while GS were their envisioned perfect game they needed more funds for.

Generation 1 is extremely soulless

>Video games will never be art.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_in_the_Museum_of_Modern_Art
bitch
move them goalposts, can't wait for your "modern art isn't art" cope

>Kanto was literally intended as a beta for Gold and Silver
ah yes the game where the game's final boss is """""Red""""" whose strongest pokémon is an unevolved Pikachu is definitely how tajiri originally envisioned it and it was not at all poisoned by marketing

>i'm sure when they created pokemon for the first time, it was purely to make money.
Yes.

>Portal, a dogshit puzzle game with redditard "randumb XD" humor which you can breeze through in an hour is considered "modern art"
>Pokemon RBY, one of the best and most revolutionary RPGs in existence, isn't modern art
Fucking retarded. I bet you tranny redditors will defend this somehow

>*farts on gen1*
ahahah, take that!