What are some unconventional changes you wish GameFreak would make?

I wish Gamefreak would change some pokemon's type, stats, and/or evo method.

Attached: 1551276858083.jpg (607x687, 43.25K)

Show EVs and IVs as numerical values

Not "unconventional" but they should improve their fucking world design so it's not all fields and caves.

Why was Masuda dressed like this bros?

I wish they'd stop being so autistic about making changes to existing pokemon. Letting Eevee evolve via Ice/Leaf Stone is a good step in the right direction

This. Now, if only they use Dusk/Dawn stone for the gen 2 eevelutions.

give every Pokemon convoluted way to evolve as a shortcut while making their standard way to evolve high level like gen 5 did

They should change evolution levels to fit each game

delete/merge items, moves, abilities (never Pokemon)

They should use the sun and moon stones for them instead

Lower the levels that certain Gen V Pokemon evolve at.

>Easy
>Normal
>Hard
Would really be that difficult to implement?

A game completely devoid of story

Make gyms more than just a place battles happen. Alola attempted this but only the jungle really sees its full potential.
You could have exclusive pokemon, specialty item shops, sidequest boards, minigames, the possibilities are basically only limited by how you connect it to the gym leader's type/theme.

I know it's unconventional, but get rid of Ohmori. He's a cancer.

I stopped wishing and I'm currently developing my own Pokemon game with blackjack and hookers

>Difficulty settings
>Companions
>Expanded type system
>Reworked abilities and moves
>Expanded and deepened mechanics
>Complex story
>Less handholding and timewasting
and more

you have a good idea but no game has ever allowed Pokemon to have two different ways to evolve into the same thing

What exactly do you have in mind

I really want misc attributes to be a thing. Make floating an attribute and free up the ability slot for Pokemon that have Levitate. It could replace a lot of more physicality based abilities and would serve to differentiate Pokemon more in-game.

Agree

Maybe make the games good one of these days.

isnt that the point of the thread lmao

not true, in Gen 5 at least (not sure about other gens) Feebas could evolve in two ways:

If a Feebas was transferred from Gen 4, its Beauty stat (which is still part of its data, just not used at all in Unova since there's no contests) is high enough and you level it up, it'll evolve into Milotic

In addition,to that, it can also evolve by being traded holding a Prism Scale

A difficulty system.

Mutiple saves.

Optional quests to find out more informations about a city and the Pokemon who live around with some optional fields for those, like me, who like that.

Instead of 2 versions with their exclusive Pokemons, you just use one version with a random binary number every game, with each bit being a pair of exclusive. Say, for example, that a pair is Growlithe and Vulpix. When you enter a field, the game will read the corresponding bit. If it's 0, you will fight a Growlithe. If it's 1, Vulpix. No more double versions, every game is unique, you will have a sense of surprise when you will find out which Pokemon you will meet and you will still be able to exchange with anybody your Pokemon and not just a single person who has the other version. The best thing is that, you can go wild and give the player a new experience with every new game of a same generation with enough pairs. The Legendary will depend of the choice you made during the story and will not be here just because you chose one version.

if they really still insist on happiness evos being a thing the least they could do is actually let us see how happy a pokemon is without having to go to a specific npc

While it would ruin the "original 150" I REALLY wish they'd merge the two nidorans together, having them be separate pokemon is really fucking dumb

Gen5 was the closest I think it ever got to something like this. Almost every gym in the game served a dual purpose as some kind of public facility
> Cafe
> museum
> art installation
> Rollercoaster
> fashion show
> mining tunnel
> school
> pub
I can't remember the rest and while there were definitely outliers (opelucid gym and the water gym, though I've seen some debate the latter) over all they're more than just "houses for boss trainer"