Why did the momentum drop so hard? Even the sales are taking a nosedive compared to other pokemon games

Why did the momentum drop so hard? Even the sales are taking a nosedive compared to other pokemon games.

Attached: Screenshot_20220326-183221_Twitch.jpg (720x347, 96.51K)

Gen 9 announcement and Elden Ring coming out a month afterwards

everything said, but also, the game has no replayability. In regular Pokemon games you have a whole online; you can battle, trade, whatever. PLA has shiny hunting but it's very one-note and boring, so no one really wants to do it for long. The effects of this are
>A) No one wants to get it to play with their friends since there's no online functionality
>B) No one is playing the game since they're all done with it, so new people aren't exposed to it

What also didn't help are things like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Expansion Pass (now meaning the game's going to be supported until fucking 2024) and other more recent releases like Kirby.

Attached: 1648245789281.png (1012x1134, 698K)

>>Even the sales are taking a nosedive compared to other pokemon games.
>source = my tranny ass

Attached: Good vs Bad.jpg (717x410, 65.13K)

Oh my God, would you stop posting new threads about Legends: Arceus Twitch viewer count numbers, you fucking autist?

Reviews =/= sales, retard. PLA fell off despite its strong start and SWSH still stands stronger, hell even BDSP did (and are doing thanks to actual online functions) better.

post numbers and sources

It’s set in unova.

That shitshow of a game had no legs

>source = my tranny ass

yeah, it was almost immediately overshadowed by other releases. i wonder if gamefreak gave it a january release so there was less time with it as the hot new game, since they knew its lack of replayability wouldn't hold people's attention

i say all of this as someone who loved PLA, its just a fact that it doesnt have much to come back for

PLA really mindbroke SWSHitters

PLA didn't mind break anyone, because no one remembers it.

Who the fuck cares?

>PLA really mindbroke SWSHitters
yup
Forever reminder that SWSH ruined gen 8 and PLA saved it

Nah, Gen 8 started with a bang and died on a whimper, and now SV has to clean up the mess not even 12 months later.

>t. mindbroken SWSHitter

>SWSH lost to a January release
what a joke of a game

Attached: 1646058708220.png (639x211, 41.71K)

Launch sales are irrelevant. SWSH is still the best selling core game since Gen 1 thanks to its longevity and enticing replay value in a Post-GO World.

>what a joke of a game
Always has been

Attached: 1611426979371.png (631x613, 368.53K)

>Only 6.5 million copies despite there being more than twice the amount of Switches in the wild
HOLY FLOP

> no one remembers it
But, enough about Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl…

SWSH "fans" are a joke
Good riddance to that region