Why don't you faggots play TCG?

No TCG thread for some reason.
Just picked up 5 theme decks to play with at the local SMP. Pretty cool they have Pokes as well as Magic now on a weekly basis. How is the new Brilliant Stars expansion? I would build my own deck, but I'm gunna scope out the scene on base first. Until then, playing TCGO, which somehow is way more fun than the Poke games ever were.

Attached: Grumpichu.jpg (1920x1080, 635K)

I'd be surprised if the majority of tcg posters even play the game, and don't just autistically horde their collection.

Because it's a Magic the Gathering clone when I was playing Yugioh already

Yugioh is shit now but the old Yugioh is still fundamentally a better game, I have zero reason to get into the TCG which doesn't even play like the video games

True. That's the stigma of the fanbase sadly.
I find the game the most enjoyable out of Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hearthstone, etc. A shame it's such an oversight in the community.

I'm too stupid to play against real people, I play the gbc games

I collect cards. I dont like tcg because it has way too much focus on trainer cards instead of Pokemon.

And Im taking a break until Mew rotates because its obviously broken

It's 1v1 battles, first to 6 knockouts wins.
That's the pokemon game lol.

The trainer cards are basically items you use in fights like the games. The fun is finding synergies to win.

The cards use a lot of made up moves, stats, and PP, and typically only have 3 attacks at most

it is super stripped down, when complexity was the best thing about the game

Not really, its a different complexity.

theme deck shitter

I stopped playing after Mewtwo EX was broken. The TCG was gradually rebuilding, but tag teams ruined the game. Plus there's a lot of traveling involved

because the TCG has completely out of control powercreep while the gameplay is one-dimensional stat checks with no player interaction
>you play solitaire
>I play solitaire
>you knock out one pokemon and take half of your prize cards
>then I do that
the game simply does not work on any level above kitchen table

Attached: TNqF074.jpg (1172x1280, 109.16K)

It just doesn't feel as open and customizable as Magic. I wanna play the Pokemon TCG, but whenever I do, I get really bored.

there is no complexity in the TCG

I'd play it if we could have every legal card available from the start.
It sucks to have to pay to actually play what you want.

Yugioh was always an extremely shitty Magic the Gathering ripoff. Just play Magic.

Theme deck is the only ruleset worth playing as everyone is on the same sort of level of gimmick faggotry

There is enough to make it fun instead of having layers of complexity that dont actually make the game more fun just more annoying like the other big TCGs

You have no idea what you are talking about, you need to be aware of what resources your opponent has burned to decide what to do and games go to the last 5 cards in each deck often.

shut up faggot. I’m sick of people pretending ptcg since about 2019 has had any depth. A majority of games are to get 2 ko’s on a vmax and most “good” cards are designed around doing 190-220 damage. How interesting. Vstars COULD have been complex if they didn’t fuck everything up and give them only 1 normal attack. Mew is unga bunga bullshit that was hand crafted by tpci to be good. Eternatus was unga bunga bullshit AND was retreading on mega ray AND was hand crafted by tpci to be good. They even banned bellelba and brycen man so it would have no counters. Lm fucking ao

Attached: 39FAD87D-E892-4C36-B554-33B3DB35C4F0.jpg (960x921, 93.74K)

I have started replacing my missing vintage collection recently. I have the starter lineup and my favorites done now. I also picked up a base set Blastoise booster pack. Idk if I want to hold onto it as an investment or open it for an expensive hit of nostalgia.

There are plenty of card games you can call a MTG-ripoff

Yugioh is not one of them