1000 is a magical number and not arbitrary at all

>THEY CAN'T CROSS 1000 POKEMON BECAUSE... THEY JUST CAN'T OK!
literally what is the basis for this thought

i see it all the time from people defending the low number of new pokemon in recent gens and it's never had any merit to me. open to having my mind changed though

Attached: 1593059412528.jpg (323x312, 19.26K)

its tradition to celebrate or have as a goal when you reach some even multiple of 10, like 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000 and so on. Only someone with severe autism won'y recognize this.

i think it used to go hand in hand with another nonsensical argument (this was pre-dexcut, so 3DS days) that the hardware "wasn't powerful enough" for such a large number of pokemon.
protip: gpu/cpu power and storage capacity have absolutely nothing to do with one another

what does this question have to do with celebration or a lack thereof? what is it about celebrating the 1000th pokemon that means GF has to stop there, and/or delay it as much as possible?

Attached: natu.jpg (500x500, 33.42K)

>i see it all the time from people defending the low number of new pokemon in recent gens
what retards fails to see new forms are new designs too, they take the same amount of work to be done, GF ALWAYD do 150~ new designs, it's just that now they don't fill national dex numbers and are "hidden" in previous numbers

>or have as a goal
do you have autism?

pretty sure only gen 6 had enough new formes to make up for the low number of new species but i'd be interested to see the numbers

do you have a point?

are they just going to stop at 997 one gen, add only one new pokemon the following gen, and only one the gen after that, and then what? new formes only so the rigid "goal" of 1000 that they're refusing to work toward can still exist? there is no logic to what you're saying.

(M)ega // (R)egional // (Gi)igantamax

1: 151
2: 100
3: 135
4: 107
5: 156
6: 72 + 46M = 118
7: 88 + 18R = 106
8: 96 + 32Gi + 35R = 163

8 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 2

Could vary if added alternate forms or I forgot something.

that answers my question
good luck
remember to take your meds

thanks for nothing i guess. literally giving you the opportunity to elaborate and you refuse to every time
also i don't think people with autism take meds but maybe you'd know better than me on that

cant wait for the 1000 mark to be passed like its nothing, that would cause the most seething

Nobody comes to Any Forums to elaborate or have a serious talk. They come to act like retards. Get a clue.

which is based, Pokemon drawn autism for some reason and we get a lot of stupid patterns that were never a thing

interesting, had no idea 8 was so high with all things considered. that is good to be aware of, thanks.

knowing that GF is still producing roughly the same number of new designs as always is kind of a separate thing from the weird fixation on "not being allowed to cross 1000 species" that i'm referring to though.

this is what i expect to happen, it'll probably just be a random shitmon with no extra attention brought to it. i guess the group i made this thread about will just quietly go extinct either this generation or the next when that happens. still curious why they've clung onto that notion so strongly though

but as I said, the fixation came from the fact that people think they make "less and less" and that the only reason they see

ah so you're suggesting it's them working backwards from the (incorrect when considering formes) conclusion of "they're releasing fewer and fewer pokemon" and (more or less baselessly) landing on the reason being "they're avoiding reaching the 1000th pokemon". as unsatisfying as that is, you might be right

(M)ega // (R)egional // (Gi)igantamax // (F)orms

1: 151
2: 100
3: 135 + 6F = 141
>Castform (3) // Deoxys (3)
4: 107 + 14F = 121
>Burmy/Wormadam (4) // Cherrim (1) // Shellos/Gastrodon (2) // Rotom (5) // Giratina (1) // Shaymin (1)
5: 156 + 12F = 168
>Basculin (1) / Darmanitan (1) // Sawsbuck (3) // Genies (3) // Kyurem (2) // Keldeo (1) // Meloetta (1)
6: 72 + 46M + 11F = 129
>Cos-Pikachu (5) // Groudon/Kyogre (2) // Vivillion (1 for all) // Furfrou (1 for all) // Aegislash (1) // Hoopa (1)
7: 88 + 18R + 16F = 122
>Hat Pikachu (1) // Ash-Greninja (1) // Zygarde (4) // Oricorio (3) // Lycanroc (2) // Wishiwashi (1) // Minior (1 for all) // Necrozma (3)
8: 96 + 32Gi + 35R + 17F = 180
>Dialga/Palkia (2) // Basculin (1) / Darmanitan (1) / Enamorus (1) // Cramorant (1 for all) // Toxtricity (1)
>Alcremie (1 for all) // Eiscue (1) // Morpeko (1) // Zacian/Zamazenta (2) // Eternatus (1) // Urshifu (1) // Calyrex (3)

8 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 2

Arbitrarily chosen forms that weren't just recolors

I always see that reasoning behind it

just like "they made all eeveelutions types that were special before gen 4 so now they have to do dragon and nothing else" even though umbreon was supposed to be poison or the fact that all dark moves became physical so it doesn't even make lore sense
or
"legendary pokemon can't evolve!"
or
"they do eeveelution each even numbered generation!"
or
"chinese zodiac!'
or
"there can not be pure flying type!"

I personally wouldn't count Cosplay and Hat Pikachus, but I acknowledge it's kind of subjective what to count and what not to count

It doesn't matter, no game will have all of them so they could have 10000 pokemon in the future but only around 500 will be in the game, or less