Do you think they'll ever change the way battles work and make them fun?

Do you think they'll ever change the way battles work and make them fun?

Attached: 270122-pok_mon_firered_first_battle[1].png (320x320, 9.1K)

what additional features or reworkings could make them fun? describe your dream battle mechanics in detail.

SMT x Pokemon ie what SMTxFE should've been

cringe and gay zoomer taste

But enough about you.

pokemon battles are fun, go play something else

Attached: swinub scent.webm (492x386, 1.55M)

I'd rather they don't because every JRPG that tries to make turn based combat "fun" just adds gimmicks which end up making it more tedious.
I prefer my turn based combat to focus on not being annoying, since I'm pretty sure it's impossible to make anything you repeat 20-50 times an hour for 20 hours fun.
And at that the current battle system is one of the best in the industry because it's one of the only ones that doesn't actively piss me off.

? They tried that in 2013

They're never were fun, sorry.

already did, people hate fun

Make 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 the norm. 1 v 1 always feels inherently unbalanced.

no, make it like that old battletower autochess mode

press turn is retarded and casual
every single battle system and mechanic in SMT is simpler than Pokemon's

>SMT battle system
Among the only systems that is actually worse than Pokemon, good job user, you fucked up

hardly anyone likes doubles, let alone triples, and making doubles the main or only format won't solve anything, just be a pathetic aping of typical JRPGs

I think the two battle systems intertwined could be quite interesting. SMT doesn't automatically mean press turn either

make your pitch to salvage Triples / Rotation then

Attached: 1546329076377.png (300x290, 95.28K)

>hardly anyone likes doubles
Where do you base this on? Lot of people want more double battles in the games because it's way more balanced, not to mention it creates more strategies like helping hand (which doesnt even work in singles LOL).

They play doubles because VGC gives no other choice

>way more balanced
This is a fucking lie lol

Care to explain? Big threats arent so bad when you can have 2 mons attacking it at the same time. It also eliminates switching all the time like you do in singles, but adds protect which is way better.