Ultra-Beasts

Was the concept of Ultra Beasts explored to its fullest potential, or is there more to do with this kind of being?

What would you do to expand and elaborate upon the lore and mechanics of these creatures and their universes?

Attached: art - 1548863313664 - necrozma.jpg (1024x514, 50.97K)

honeslty my only complaint is the lack of exploration from the ultra wormholes

Especially Ultra Megalopolis, i honeslty would have loved a DLC where you explore all of these different ultra wormholes that arent just straight paths of point A to point B

We were robbed.

Attached: Ultra Sea.png (1394x609, 1.59M)

The point of ultra beasts is that they aren't Pokemon, but I think that got flanderized and Gamefreak and fan designers just ended up making a bunch of object-mons and jobmon humanoids

I would have been more interested in seeing designs more inspired by and taking after other similar but different monster series like Digimon or Yugioh

So why do they also have innate shrinking ability too?

They had potential but i feel they botched it by going back on the "They are not Pokémon" concept and had codenames and shit they were leaning in on during the pre-release period and then just had them be Pokémon with Minmaxed stats and wonky designs when the games released. As it is i just don't kinda care for them, but i still like the Cosmoline and Necrozma forms if you count them as UBs.

Their whole concept also leans heavily into the whole Faller and AU "Episode" plot concept that i feel is very half assed whenever it pops up and just likes implying implications, "Normal" Legendaries are just more fun to me because they invite more fun thoughts about them, like the who ARCEUS VS MEW debate, or if the Tower Trio were already Raikou,Suicune and Entei before they died, or if they were Eevees or something else entirely, the UBs just kinda don't do that after the game released, before release at least people had the theories and shit of why the revealed ones looked like Lillie, Lusamine and Guzma

TL;DR: Nah, they were Wasted Potential.

Who says they do

They can't be caught with any Pokeball that works for Pokemon, and vice versa

nothing. i never want to see these nu-pokemon abominations in any form of pokemon media ever again. they were an absolute fucking mistake and should never have happened. a worthless fucking gimmick that also ended up breaking the meta.

So what should have been done with them instead?

oh and btw im also trans, he hee~

>They can't be caught with any Pokeball that works for Pokemon, and vice versa
Both of these statements are false.

Why were Ultra Beasts as powerful as minor legendaries? Why were there only one per dimension, rather than being part of an ecosystem of other UBs? Why were Pokemon still found in these dimensions? Should the Pokemon not have been there, or been given alternate Ultra forms for being native to an otherworldly place?

Attached: 1540480203196.png (1050x1400, 1016.4K)

People will probably hate me for this, but honestly Enemy Only like the Pokéstar enemies, fuck reuse the Pokéstar concept entirely and have them be invincible unless you can solve a UB-specific "puzzle battle" with them to convey the abnormality of them not playing by the normal rules of Pokémon, don't have them catchable, thus no Dex entry and then have them show up as surprise FUCK YOU bosses in Dynamax Adventures anyway that you need to coordinate to beat before being able to proceed to the proper Legendary because they came form the Ultra-Beyond.

Basically make them something that players stop seeing as just another cool potential member of their team and instead a obstacle and threat that incites a "oh no" when they pop up.

I'm with you in the general spirit of this

I want a spinoff all about ultra beasts, an ultradex, ultra beast starters, it's all about documenting these various creatures that have appeared in the region, also they've been their at least a few generations so they don't have beast boost

>bst is a prime number also makes them strong
>to make it a more dramatic encounter, iirc you can get unlimited amounts of ultra beasts in usum, and in canon most, if not all mention them being common in their natural habitat
>ultra wormholes can pick up pokemon from the main pokemon world and drop them off in some other world, like how the ultrabeasts get plopped into the main one, also no ultra forms 'cuz that would've been too kino

no, it was far too ambitious a concept
it's beyond obvious that no future game will ever focus on them again, having the concept of entire dimensions full of different pokemon civilisations doesn't fit thr world

>ultra beasts are super bosses only
>can’t be caught
>don’t know regular moves and have a special moveset of techniques
>poipole and necrozma are the only capturable beasts. Poipole because it’s not a native ultra beast and was formed by the mixing of the pokemon world with ultra space, necrozma because it made itself part pokemon by fusing with Solgaleo/Lunala
There fixed it

Genuinely what i thought they were going to be desu, uncatchable boss fights.

god i want a psychic/fighting Atk/SpD minmaxed ultra beast so bad

The point is literally that they are, they just look different to the norm.
>imilar but different monster series like Digimon or Yugioh
You've no idea what those are about

>or is there more to do with this kind of being?
At most you can have more exploration into their worlds and more of UBs/worlds, but that's just doing the concept more instead of exploring it more. The concept itself, when you boil down to it, is fairly simple.

You wouldn't have them catchable and usable if they weren't pokemon, not to mention that'd require delineating what a pokemon is which goes against the concept.

Also, they aren't legendaries(i mean in-universe), the point is that they're supposed to be regular mons from other worlds.

>Why were Ultra Beasts as powerful as minor legendaries?
Many regular mons are
>Why were there only one per dimension, rather than being part of an ecosystem of other UBs?
That's how their world works
>Why were Pokemon still found in these dimensions?
Because they're other universes