Why is Gamefreak afraid of hybrids? (Not fusion) I thinks it's the next logical step after variants

Why is Gamefreak afraid of hybrids? (Not fusion) I thinks it's the next logical step after variants.

Attached: ddlq8r6-4aacc11b-3863-4609-a92e-e1c680182b89.png (1300x1045, 1.32M)

breeding mechanics too comprex for smarr independent game studio. prease understandu

>complete mess of designs
no
There are still thousands of animals/concepts that could have been pokemon.

Just make it some hybrids are capable to appearing only when parents are of the same egg group.

It's the same thing
Too similar to regionals

Hybrids are nothing like regionals. That's like saying a Liger is the same thing as a Siberian Tiger

GF is already too lazy to include the existing dex in new releases. Look forward to your -100 regional dex to accommodate for crossbred variants that will likely never return in another game.

They aren't skilled enough to do it.

They already did Calyrex on its ponies

It might not be so difficult to create a system like that, but it would require a significant overhaul of how they have the system designed now.

They would need to split each character model into inheritable components, which would be a massive undertaking determining which components could be combine in progeny and which can not, then you need to figure out the designs of hybrids, and that requires a significant amount of art to make sure the hybrids look good and do the original parent pokemon justice.
So a significant development commitment and a significant art commitment, and then a system like that will take a large amount of work to test and that system will still have a lot of bugs.

It is a lot of work for something they know isn't needed to get you to buy the game.

Make a fangame game that does this if you ever want it, seriously imagine implementing a natded with this shit and making hybrids for all mons that would be overkill. Also see

I think that's the best solution.

Can take it a step further and they must be of the same shape or sort of creature, so you don't have a clusterfuck in the Field group.

Gross. Even they're not this awful.

With hybrids you can also make them infertile, so you only need to deal with the initial fusion's design and not subsequent additions

All of these are just one of the Pokemon with the other Pokemon's characteristics sprinkled on top of them instead of true half and half hybrids, only the Orbeetle/Ledian one is a true hybrid, what shitty designs

What is it with Any Forums and hating fakemon?

The ones in OP image look cool

What are some fakemon that people have problems with?
All the ones I have seen have been pretty cool. I especially like seeing how creative people get with eeveelutions for types that don't exist yet.

Attached: d22f9f24610c945bb3d9f42556bf24b9[1].jpg (736x583, 66.75K)

why would you make it be an ice cream ball with apples on top instead of an apple pie with ice cream on top like something that actually happens

Attached: apple.jpg (1000x794, 164.53K)

Mostly the fact that I noticed that whenever someone posts a fakemon or fakemon thread, some guy coes along to shit on them.

Usually it's one of those fags who reply to every post

1000 x 1000 = 1 000 000
That's too many designs to create

bump

smol indie company