When was the last time you were genuinely hyped for a new Pokemon game? For me, it was X & Y...

When was the last time you were genuinely hyped for a new Pokemon game? For me, it was X & Y. You have no idea the hype I had for these games only for the disappointment to settle in around an hour into the games.

Attached: xy.png (1280x585, 1.15M)

Lmao I know it's not a hard game, but what were you expecting that made you that disappointed?

So you’ve just hung round this franchise ever since, feeling no subsequent excitement for anything? Fucks wrong with you?

also x & y. gen 6 leak season was hype as fuck. wish we could have gotten pokemon z though

How many legendary mons can I catch during or post without using cheats? Besides the box art mon.

Zygarde, Mewtwo, and one legendary bird

Honestly, Scarlet and Violet. There's a good deal of things that suggest they might be giving a shit this time around, but it seems unlikely that they'll be able to pull themselves out of the rut Pokemon has been in lately. I'm in this weird limbo state of excitement and dread for how this will turn out. Thank you for reading my blog.

3 really? Gay.

gen 7 was the first and last time i was really excited. i was too internet illiterate for a gen 4 hype. was turned off gen 5 right from the start. i completely slept on gen 6 hype and didn't play the game until over a year after it came out so 7 was the first new game i actually anticipated. gen 8 was hype was just okay but with gen 7 hype season, i think a lot of people were hype too, there was something about it.

Reminder, XY had that much SOUL and IDENTITY that the first ever encounter is coded to be...a Kantomon.

You posted it.

Sword and Shield, I was pretty hyped for the first mainline Pokemon game on a home console. At least I did, until they revealed that they're cutting half the 'mons, and still reusing old animations.
Half of my bro team I've been building up since gen 4 can't even be transferred to swsh. They're rotting in my moon save file.

Attached: spiritomb2.png (289x415, 72.36K)

Gen 7 was a fun time to be a Pokémon fan. The new Mon and Alolan form announcements generated hype, the characters were actually decent and enjoyable, discussions on the games were had, and there was a TON of fan art being generated. I wasn't hyped for gen 8 and wasn't intending to play the new games, but my biggest disappointment with it was honestly the fans getting super polarized and Normalfags getting back into Pokémon, making for a very unenjoyable environment thats still going on right now

Attached: E0YGbiuUUAQfvj.jpg (2048x1638, 724.92K)

What is it about Gen 1 that blisters your backside?

Your mom blisters my frontside every single time because the whore can't wash her mouth properly.

My friends showed me how to watch pokemon sunday on the internet and i saw the reveal of what at te time was called Pokemon Z, I was like
>WTF there's more pokemon but arceus is god does that mean there's a pokemon stronger than arceus somewhere

and i kept autisticlly refreshing my favorite pokemon news site every day, i did not believe the leak of sammurot, emboar and serperior i remember clearly saying to my friends
>That fire final evolution has to be fake they just edited a Rhyperior sprite and gave it flames and pokabu colors

Attached: pokemon-z.jpg (321x245, 24.52K)

Feel free to give an answer if your underdeveloped brain can handle it. You can ask your Discord buddies for help if you're that desperate.

Gen IV. No I am not being ironic or trolling.

>Discord out of nowhere
Concession Accepted

The first 1/3rd of SWSH was the last time I got hyped for a Pokemon game. The June Pokemon Direct killed it for me.

Sun moon
The ads a were great, I didn't like when they almost revealed the whole game
The most excited I was, when the oras soundtrack got uploaded, I didn't even like the originals much but littleroot town gets me nostalgic

Lengendaries are cringey shit for toddlers
The ideal pokemon game wouldn't let you catch any

>Can't refute the bantz
Congratulations, you just played yourself.

I always get excited about new Pokémon releases, but SwSh was a real letdown. At least Arceus was good so I hope the trend keeps going up

Two Concessions for the price of 1
That's generous

...He said, fatly, while eating two entire concession stands.

Nice autobiography

...He said, fatly, as thick greasy tears began to trail down his multiple chins.

HG/SS. I remember watching giancarloparimango and Goldndsilver7 on youtube every day leading up to release. They would post new corocoro scans and the opening movie when it leaked and shit like that. Good times bros.

Nice autobiography

Legends not going to lie

...He said, fatly, as his plaque-encrusted, enlarged heart began to pump even slower.

Nice autobiography

...He said, fatly, wheezing with tremendous effort as he reached for his half-eaten, "Family Size" bag of "Spicy Nacho" Doritos.

American projection lmao

...He said, fatly, having several mild panic attacks as he hit "post".

>When was the last time you were genuinely hyped for a new Pokemon game?
this year. It feels good not being an underaged nostalgiatard.