Pokemon Scarlet & Violet news cycle

So far it seems like Scarlet & Violet's news cycle will reflect Sword & Shield's.

We got our SS Gen 8 reveal in February as well, with a basic trailer and a starter reveal, just like we got with SV.

We'll most probably get our next bit of info in June, then more frequent bits of info until the game's release even though all that shit will get leaked.

For Sword and Shield's second trailer we got more of a look at the game/region, some early-mons, a region name, a look at the gimmick and the legends.

So the safest bet in my mind for the next Scarlet & Violet trailer is.

- basic trailer
- early mons
- region name
- gimmick reveal (though this is the only one I'm not as confident about, they could save this for later)
- Boxart legends reveal + official cover art reveal
- release date

So what about you user? You expect news earlier? Later? More news? Less news?

Attached: Pokemon SC news cycle.png (3000x800, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wW23hdGYXV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what everyone is expecting. Although I don't expect the starter evos to be releas3d at all, and like gen 8 they will be leaked 2-3 weeks pre release. Also the comfiest time will be when a leaker slowly releeas3s new designs like last year.

They didn't reveal Rillaboom, Cinderace and Intelleon in an official trailer?

I prefer they don't show much of the new Pokemon. Going in completely blind like that is the only way to recapture that feeling you get as a kid. Went into swsh this way and actually enjoyed it a lot, so odd i would have a great time with doing something similar with the next games, which will hopefully be less bad.
Leak season is fun, but finding Pokemon you didn't know existed and having no idea of there any good or what they evolve into if they evolve at all is worth missing out on Leak season fun imo
Biggest issue I had was sobble evolving and realizing how shit it was and boxing it, but after eventually seeing the other starters I would have done the same with any of them

youtu.be/wW23hdGYXV8

They didn’t reveal them until weeks later, right after the game was released.

It hasn’t even been one month you turbo autist

I don't even wanna see new Pokemon except for that Scorpion

>So far it seems like Scarlet & Violet's news cycle will reflect Sword & Shield's.
Lame

I agree that going in blind is great, as well as discovering new mons on your own. But in this day and age it's much harder. I know I can't resist seeing the new mons. And I also like pre-planning my team anyway.

As cool as Arakujin is, Im sure it's fake as fuck.

It's allegedly the early-game "bug" mon. But it's in a desert. From the bit we've seen of the map, the desert area isn't close to that lake area which seems to be near where you start off. Also the trailer shows Stonjourner in the desert which sure as hell aint a mon you'd find in the early routes.

And steel/poison is too strong for an early mon imo.

SM had the best marketing.

All I want is this.

Forgot Pic-related.
All I want is more than 2 pokemons that fight.

Attached: challengemode.png (256x192, 3.93K)

none of that info was posted by the same person who posted the screenshots

They revealed literally everything before the games came out though. What was the point of playing of you already knew everything and there were no surprises.

Also SM was revealed in February.
This isn't a rule just a coincidence.
This time instead of CGI was live action with a pic.

>early mons
We didn't get early mons on SwSh pre-release tho Even Skwovet

I think May or June for sure, but we have to remember that June back in 2019 was highly not approved by the community and we got not a basic trailer but a 40 Minutes one.

They kept only about 10 mons hidden for us that was dogshit.

The best pre-release were Gen 5 and 6 when we used to get monthly and balance news. Gen 3 and 4 were ridiculous with the announcement of the games 3 years early and they just started dropping information last minute because the games were postponed. Gen 3 was shit cause things were mainly restricted to Japan.

Gen 5 and 6 the perfect balance, bonus for Gen 5 that surprised everyone with the massive number of new Pokémon

They revealed Wooloo, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Drednaw and Corviknight. All early-mons/early-mon evos.

Even if the name/typing are off the pic shows them fighting in a desert with a Fuecoco against a lv 11 scorp. Still makes no sense.

One of my most distinct memories of the series is exploring a cave and seeing a Bronzor appear. It is by no means a Pokemon that I like, but seeing such a bizarre creature for the first time is memorable.