I actually don't understand how we get out of this home ownership thing. We have imported and grown so much...

I actually don't understand how we get out of this home ownership thing. We have imported and grown so much, how will we have homes for everyone, especially when big corporations and rich people are buying up land? I have 0 faith that the government will do anything to curb this. There is no way an entire country full of men without homes or permanent property will survive. Has something like this happened before?

Attached: 1652272421034.jpg (250x200, 6.78K)

This is 1990 anymore, you don't need to live in a city to have a well paying job.

Yes that's correct, Californians are now causing an unprecedented rise in home prices in remote areas because of this.

yeah and check the debt. in this monetary system, paying interest inherently requires the creation of more money. we're never gonna stop dollar inflation because that debt is never getting paid down. dollar inflation + scarce supply and high demand = price go up

they are a step ahead of you. its called mass depopulation via vaccine

Ban real estate flipping. Max one home per person.
Problem solved.
Feel free to try to give even one good reason why this wouldn’t work

if I buy a hovel am I not allowed to move or upgrade to a new house or what

Yes ofcourse if you move out of the hovel but not if you try to own two homes for an extended period

>import a million people a year
>build enough housing for 10,000 people
do the math

Mass deportations, ending welfare, reinforcing the importance of a 2 family household, emphasizing protestant work ethic.

I don't like that idea at all user. You're asking for the government to completely regulate housing. Are you also trying to abolish rent? If a person owns a large apartment complex, is that just one house? But then they also have to learn in that complex too and can't have their own home?
If you argue people shouldn't be renting, what if I want to move somewhere for a few years, maybe for university. As a college student I should buy a house?
Or what about corporations. Sometimes corporations buy houses for their employees. Is the corporation only allowed to buy one house? Or can I just create a bunch of LLC's and then buy multiple houses at all? Or are corporations not allowed to buy houses? But some people, like myself, am happy that my corporations owns housing and pays for my living.
You aren't posing any solution by saying one home per person. And ban real estate flipping? Do you browse reddit religiously? I'm not allowed to buy something and sell it later? I can't go to a sheriff's sale, buy the house, put it a years worth of work that no one else wanted to do, and then make the house nice and livable and sell it for a profit? Then who would even by shit houses and improve them?

user, please give one reason why your idea would work before you ask for a dissenting opinion.

Nordic european countries have this, its not banned but has high tax penalties

"Give the government more control over you and the free market" sounds like commiespeak desu

Also dont allow foreigners to own real estate
Should be common sense normally

this

This is perfect.
>0% tax on your home that you live in
>10% on your 2nd home
>100% on your 3rd home
>1000% on your 4th
Apply it to corporations as well as normal people and it's perfect.

>inb4 "they'll just raise rents!"
rent control

>ban foreign ownership
>ban institutional ownership

The future is generational homes or co-renting small appartments.

Not him but
>Are you also trying to abolish rent?
Yep
>If a person owns a large apartment complex, is that just one house
You can't own a complex. If you build a building, you have to sell all the units. Management can be a coop of all owners like an HOA.
>move somewhere for a few years, maybe for university. As a college student I should buy a house?
Yep. The home buying process is needlessly burdened by middle men and needs to be turned upside down and made to restructure. It shouldn't be 6-9% of the value of a home to transfer ownership.
>what about corporations
Allowing corporations to have personhood was one of the largest mistakes our culture has ever made. Corporations cannot own a home. They can be responsible for the management of commercial property which does not house permanent residents. A hotel can be corporate managed, for instance.
>But some people, like myself, am happy
You will own a home and you will be happier.
>ban real estate flipping
This is accomplished by enforcing one home per person. Buying a house, improving it, and selling for more than the buy doesn't get banned. Buying a dozen houses on 100x leverage and slapping the shittest veneers over a garbage structure and dumping it on the market for an inflated price is disgusting and it causes a pricing out of entry level buyers, like 25 year olds who are trying to start a family.
>I can't go to a sheriff's sale, buy the house, put it a years worth of work that no one else wanted to do, and then make the house nice and livable and sell it for a profit?
You can do that. There will of course be a grace period for people who are between homes. Renovations to make a structure livable don't take a year. Use your 4 month grace to get the basics done so you can move, and sell your old house. Otherwise leave it for an entry level buyer who doesn't mind roughing it for a while. You can also have the next house in your significant other's name to hold it permanently.

This is a good penalty structure for failing to comply. And if you run into a snag with the system and believe you've been unjustly penalized, take it to court.

now do number of deaths/emigrations per year, dumbass