Real estate development for "muh walkable cities"

>buy blighted land in rapidly gentrifying urban neighborhoods
>build multifamily, mixed-use residential neighborhoods on existing city blocks
>price niggers out, hire private security to keep area safe and clean
>justify massively inflated HOA with these "amenities"
>reserve a few units for "artists" and rent control them so it's not all software engineers
>receive massive subsidies from local governments desperate for this kind of development anyway
>move to next ghetto/blighted city block
>rinse and repeat
>make your city desirable to live in in the process

Could this work in the US? There's a massive demand for 'urban/walkable' living, I can't believe this isnt being done on a large scale. Especially with all of the unproductive surface parking lots in prime downtown area.

Attached: Walkable-city.jpg (1000x698, 814.31K)

>and rent control them
not every unit, just those set aside to bring "flavor" to the neighborhood. everything else market rate

doubt it, there was some rich bros who gentrified a ghetto near me and I heard they are out millions

>Elysium

It would be a waste of tax payer money, like only feasible way this would work is build a city from scratch like Chinks do.

this is what happened to austin then 10 years later the hipsters got priced out

The picture you posted has 5 niggers. I don't think pricing them out works as well as you'd assume.

what city? is there already an existing urban fabric there? Yeah old walkable neighborhoods will always carry a premium as opposed to newly built ones until they are added to the urban fabric.

Good example of this in practice is Evanston, in the absolute basketcase state of Illinois. They upzoned downtown and there are a lot of nice, walkable areas in what's essentially a suburb of Chicago. pic rel.

I live in Chicago in a pretty dense urban neighborhood that's, shockingly, pretty crime-free and safe to walk around. Lakeview for anyone familiar. It's pricey though. I grew up in Florida and essentially your only choices are
>concrete box in the sky
>wooden box in the field
So building something in the middle close to the urban core in a lot of car-dependent cities would do a lot of good there. And the state is massively incentivizing anything that resembles that kind of development.

Attached: evanston il.jpg (1900x1266, 538.47K)

I hope so, muh walkable cities with priced out niggers and security sound way comfier than most cities we have now

Attached: 1635449850354.jpg (1094x1055, 258.64K)

>It would be a waste of tax payer money
we do a lot of that anyway, may as well take advantage

it was a neighborhood outside of fort lauderdale called sistrunk, so yes lots of urban development.

Oh shit I know that area. In my initial example I was thinking of what this could do in my hometown of Tampa. Good to know

This does work, but you need a massive amount of capital to do the part of the process you described. For an average Any Forumsminded person, you're probably better off aiming for ground level early commercial opportunities like storefronts or other walk-in friendly businesses

Evanston's a shit hole.

This is what leftists don't get. You can't have a walkable neighbourhood without addressing anti-social behaviour like homeless people sleeping in tents, drug addicts, and mentally ill people, etc even something as small as graffiti or litter must be dealt with

every city that makes up my metropolitan area has multiple "multi-use" developments that do exactly this
first off, you will own nothing, so there's nothing to buy there, only rent
second, it's not desirable to live in overpriced cookie-cutter streets
third, that's not an effective solution for loitering homeless

>third, that's not an effective solution for loitering homeless
That's always going to be the biggest issue in places deploying these developments. It doesn't matter how well secured, how clean, how affluent you make these places, homeless are going to be there. Solve the homeless problem, and many other pieces will fall into place.

1) This is already being done on a large scale. It is literally the model of gentrification that we've had for about a decade and a half
2) No, it won't work, because the issue Americans face is missing large amounts of Missing Middle residences that don't rely on car ownership by way of not simply walkability but also access to transit options like train and bike infrastructure
3) The reason we're in this mess is specifically because of big brained midcentury plans to modernize the country and price out niggers anywhere you might want to live by bulldozing their means of building economic stability and throwing interstates over the remains.

The way to do it is the Laugh At China Oh Shit But More Sustainable Method. That is, the ONLY public money going towards building massive amounts of transit infrastructure, preferably without disturbing what already exists too much. People will naturally build up around the nodes you create. They'll come together and say, "Let's put stuff we need to live here." Restrict it to non-profits so that the people involved will be about the actual building of community and not profit. The profit will come from owning the businesses attracted to service the communities.

By "what already exists", I mean homes and businesses, not roads. Put a train line right smack in the middle of the interstate for all I car. Kill car culture in this country, it's poison.

Cities built around factories. Build rural communities around online work in places where people actually like being.

>I live in Chicago in a pretty dense urban neighborhood that's, shockingly, pretty crime-free and safe to walk around. Lakeview for anyone familiar. It's pricey though. I grew up in Florida and essentially your only choices are
Chicago segregates and so compartmentalizes and magnifies crime. You could have a lot less crime spread throughout the city, but leaders thought it better to have increased crime localized to certain parts, and the city itself balkanized and constantly at war, trying to keep The Bad Parts from spilling over into The Good Parts. It's a decision I guess.

Yes this please. With non-car connections to the next town over, so on and so forth until you get to a major hub.

they're trying to do this where i live. sounds good until you realize that all of the townhomes and apartment buildings that go along with this will rent for $2400/month minimum while you're still living adjacent to niggers.

the problem with walkable cities is that they require white people to function.
for this reason they cannot exist in the USA

Fatasses in oversized SUVs are going to hate you for posting this. I already dislike you for posting it because I don't want to be trapped in public transit with niggers any more.

>reserve a few units for "artists" and rent control them so it's not all software engineers

Few units isn't enough. Software engineers create cultural wastelands.

The more the trains there are and the more they run the less of a chance you have to share one with people you don't want to be around.

I'm a chubby chaser so I am super excited at the prospect of picking up a few hatefucks that I eould otherwise miss. You will ride ze metro.

The only walkable neighborhoods are decades old and youre already priced out. New zoning laws prevent new walkable neighborhoods being built. But the more we complain the more they ban single family dwellings as if thats what were asking for when it isnt. This whole walkable cities narrative, while i agree with it, will be abused to shove us into pods and ban you from ever owning a home as if the market wasnt doing that already

Literally the most ghetto place In ft lauderdale you will get robbed and murdered