This is now a permanent mechanic as of Gen 9. How does that make you feel?

This is now a permanent mechanic as of Gen 9. How does that make you feel?

Attached: pokemon-legends-arceus-agile-and-strong-style-crobat.jpg (1600x760, 116.72K)

Just this mechanic or do we get PL:A's catching mechanics aswell?

it'd be less cringey and retarded than the shit they've introduced since gen 6 so i say go for it

no idea how they'd work turn priority into the traditional formula though

pretty happy, it makes NPC battles more interesting and I don't care for competitive

weavile running ice shard would get into utterly broken category faster than who knows what the fuck at this point if this applied to competitive

Good because compfags btfo

>Customer uses No Buy Style!

?

Complete trash, would destroy pvp which is the only reason to play

I love it in theory but it needs one major tweak: mastery is changed to depend on how many times the pokemon has used the move rather than leveling up after learning/gaining access to it. It makes it feel like you're actually training your pokemon - they don't just get higher stats from gaining experience in battle, they learn how to better control their attacks through practice so they can use them more efficiently depending on what they're trying to accomplish.

Got an idea that sounds cool to expand on that but probably wouldn't work in practice. Have a slider you can adjust with L and R with all the way to the left being the weakest possible version of the move (no secondary effects, 10 power, but very quick and the target can't evade because it doesn't have time to react) up to 4 notches over is a slightly more agile than normal (only slightly weaker and slightly less odds/intensity of secondary effects, but also only slightly faster and no accuracy boost), normal style in the center, slightly stronger a notch to the right (slight power boost and slightly increased chance of secondary effects, but no accuracy penalty and and only slightly slower) up to 4 notches to the right where the attack is at its strongest (large power increase and guaranteed secondary effects with more intensity, but very slow and the target has more time to react giving them a much higher chance of dodging). The more times that pokemon uses the move the more they master it unlocking 1 notch in both directions until they've fully mastered it. Intensity of secondary effects depends on what it is - stat boosts/reductions just go up or down additional stages, health stealing moves will steal a higher or lower % of health, and every status effect works like poison where it has a worse version of the condition (ie drowsiness from PLA is sleep lite, sleep works as normal, add deep sleep where it cannot wake itself up for the full 5 turns without an item or something.)

Is it still a problem if the other Pokemon has maxed out effort levels? If it is, they could just put a cap on how many consecutive turns a Pokemon can get.

Urshifu will finally have an excuse to evolve differently.

It was a joke, brainlet.

...what joke?

No traditional formula anymore

>Using an NFE for example
Damn, that's stupid.

Didn't buy that game.

>This is now a permanent mechanic as of OP's post

Attached: 1645607352301.jpg (3020x2340, 975.04K)

depends

is gen 9 taking place in india?

i like it, thanks!

And it didn't come anywhere close to landing.

It's a harmless mechanic, I wouldn't Care.

>i get two turns
>me two, i win