Real talk

Why do pokemon fans hate robots/mechs etc? What's wrong with you? MON is Monster, and robots/mechs/kaiju are a huge part of it.

I honestly think that the people who complain about "overdesigned" shit are bumpkin white kids who don't know a thing about the kaiju /sentai/tokusatsu influences many series have.

Honestly having animals is stupidier than having kaiju, and the series when down hill ever since pokemon became animal substitutes

Attached: stupidity.png (1300x1300, 519.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

randompokemon.com/?n=1®ion=all&type=all&legendaries=true&nfes=true&sprites=true&natures=false&forms=false
wikimon.net/Special:Random
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stfu nerd, post may

stop swooning over bitches.

make me you brainlet.

>brainlet.
you are the one thinking with your dick.

And you're homosexual, get help.

i always hated this image because the creator couldn't even be bothered to google digimon and just made up some retarded shit when there are dozens of digimon who support his argument; and i hate that dumbasses repost it all the time

Attached: Tankmon_b.jpg (320x320, 82.68K)

Every Pokemon fan I've encountered has either liked Magnemite line or felt impartial to it; robots aren't necessarily bad but they need to fit in the Pokemon universe with its more simplistic designs.
Pokemon are creatures that generally fill some ecological niche, they've always just been the animals of a world.
Digimon has an entirely different designs philosophy as they are made of various bits of data instead of being organic, this allows them to use whatever theming they want; Data/Vaccine/Virus instead of elemental typing.

He probably decided on using a dog first and then realized that the dog Digimon are actually pretty tame. But most Digimon aren't even that bad. Even some of the egregious ones like Gundramon have in-lore reasons for being so outrageous. The real criticism for Digimon is how many human Perfects and Ultimates exist.

Attached: BT4-082.jpg (344x480, 74.99K)

> is how many human Perfects and Ultimates exist.
IT'S EVOLUTION. Six stages, they are going to become human or beyond eventually. Also in the world games, they behave more like humans than animal.

>Digimon has an entirely different designs philosophy
exactly, but the thing is pokemon have drawn from yokai and mythlocal beings as well. Not everything has to be a fucking animal.
100 percent, I just don't get where the superiority complex comes from, Pokémon just seems to be an integral part of their existence and anything that challenges it is deemed as stupid.
that's fucking sad.

It gets boring and samey as fuck when everything ends up at Gundam knight regardless of where it started

Stop thinking about May.

Attached: 1617493838656.jpg (850x911, 138.4K)

I think this digimon dog is a satire to metal garurumon

They are made by bandai and many of the same people who worked on gundam worked on digimon.

It's better than ending up as a shapeless humanoid blob with no anatomy, generic animal with element, object emoji or a plant with a face.

I will honestly say it because no one else has the balls to, most pokemon look stupid/generic or forgettable and it's only a handful each gen that you praise. Majority of digimon on the other hand look somewhat interesting at least or out of the ordinary

honestly test that shit out

randompokemon.com/?n=1®ion=all&type=all&legendaries=true&nfes=true&sprites=true&natures=false&forms=false
wikimon.net/Special:Random

cool assumptions bro now shut up

i love mecha and robots. i just dont think pokemons design philosophy fits with more overtly complex mechanical designs, especially given that these are supposed to be things you find in the wild. not sure why youre combining mecha and kaiju as if theyre the same thing, though, or why you seem to be under the assumption people dont like kaijumons

Houndoom if she 40" tall.

>combining mecha and kaiju as if theyre the same thing.
Well, they are in the same bracket.

>or why you seem to be under the assumption people dont like kaijumons
more so they don't know the context.

>especially given that these are supposed to be things you find in the wild.

Intially pokemon were supposed to be something new, or mutants. It fit in with the first gen more so, omega was a scrapped design. If man made shit like porygon, mewtwo and the like fit, so does mecha shit.

theyre not really in the same bracket, and id argue you proved that point yourself when you focused in solely on kaijumons rather than bringing up mecha outside the first 2 sentences.
also porygon was originally a digital pokemon, which is why you could never find one in the wild. obviously they walked that back, especially with EU gambling laws meaning no more game corners to buy em from, but still. same with mewtwo, youre not gonna find a mewtwo colony deep in the forest. i like manmade mons, but pokemons general philosophy is that manmade mons you can find in the wild in abundance are old ass ones like claydol or golurk, or special one-of-a-kind mons like magearna. theyre not gonna have you go find wild getter-1s in the wild, cool as it may be.

>theyre not really in the same bracket,
every tokusatsu show has fucking mecha fighting kaiju. Where the fuck have you been?

>, but pokemons general philosophy is that manmade mons you can find in the wild in abundance are old ass ones like claydol or golurk, or special one-of-a-kind mons like magearna.
voltorb, magnemite, the list goes on idk man.